cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specialized Profiles Soon Available in All Categories

Highlighted
Gary B Member Since: Aug 7, 2020
331 of 360

I would like to delete a spcialized profile, but I can't.  The literature says i can "unpublish"... how can I do that?  When I click on the "three dots" unpublish is not an option only view, edit or switch specialty.

The real issue is the specialties for finance are too limited...and create confusion since my general work profile is actually the same speciality.  I was trying to specialize to an industry for my special profile, but that won't work.  So, I just want to hide it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
332 of 360

Gary B wrote:

I would like to delete a spcialized profile, but I can't.  The literature says i can "unpublish"... how can I do that?  When I click on the "three dots" unpublish is not an option only view, edit or switch specialty.

The real issue is the specialties for finance are too limited...and create confusion since my general work profile is actually the same speciality.  I was trying to specialize to an industry for my special profile, but that won't work.  So, I just want to hide it.

You can't unpublish your *only* specialized profile once you have created it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
333 of 360

For reasons unknown and unknowable, upwork forces you to have at least one specialized profile. When you want to add more portfolio pieces, you will also find that you can't without a specialized profile. 

Highlighted
Community Leader
Giacomo U Member Since: Jul 12, 2019
334 of 360

I wanted to know if it makes sense to keep two very similar specialized profiles, I am a designer and have one for packaging and the other for branding but often the projects include both, if it helps me in the search for the profile I keep both, otherwise I would gladly delete them.
Another question, How can I go about including the same job in two different profiles? Thanks

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
335 of 360

Hi Giacomo,

Thanks for the message. Regarding maintaining two similar specialized profiles, you'll be able to remove or repurpose one of them if you're not seeing any benefit of having the two related services displayed separately.

You can add the same job to both of your specialized profiles. You can edit the "Work History" section by selecting the pencil icon next to the section's title and ticking the box next to contracts relevant to the specialized profile.

Highlighted
Leonte Cristian I Member Since: Apr 10, 2019
336 of 360

Hello, 

How can I remove my specialized profile ?

Regards

Cristian

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
337 of 360

Leonte Cristian I wrote:

How can I remove my specialized profile ?

You can't

Highlighted
338 of 360

Great ! shouldn't be available the option to choose whether you want one or not ?

I already had one ( named geneal now ) why should I have to create another one if I don't want to ?

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
339 of 360

Hi Leonte,

I'd like to confirm that the option to delete a Specialized Profile is not available if it's the only Specialized Profile you have. It is also in your best interest to keep a Specialized Profile to make sure you are more discoverable to clients who may be searching for your different skills and expertise.

Thank you,

~ Nikola

Untitled
Highlighted
340 of 360

Yep, I thought so. Is just weird how it end up to be imposed. I'd say ...let the user decide if it's best for him to keep the initial/general info profile and maintain a second one called Specialized Smiley Happy I, for one, don't agree with the idea of having multiple specialization and I like to be able to have just the profile info that I have created initialy and no specialized ones. Maybe others want at least one specialization and they are entitile to that ( at least now that they have this new feature )....but so should I Smiley Happy

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS