something else. My email got an answer. Basically, they no longer have the
option to add portfolios for non-specialized profiles. I don't like all the
extra labor that goes into maintaining multiple profiles... but that's how
it is now!

S
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
202 of 220

Hi All, 

Please see an update to Lena’s original announcement about the two new options for Specialized profiles. You’ll now be able to re-order and change Speciality of your Specialized Profiles.

Lena E wrote:

*Update 11/25: 

We’ve recently added a couple of new settings to Specialized profiles. You’ll be able to access them under Settings> Profile Settings or simply by clicking Manage Specialized Profiles link on your Find Work> Profile page. 

Change Order of Specialized profiles:

You’ll be able to change the order in which Specialized profiles show on your profile by clicking on the icon in the right upper corner of the Specialized profiles box. 

Change Specialty:

You’ll also see a Switch Specialty option for each Specialized profile. That will allow you to change the Specialty of a Specialized profile.

Please, see the screenshot below for more information:

Screenshot_4.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Amir A Member Since: Nov 20, 2019
203 of 220

Respected Team,

With due to respect , this is regret to inform you that i am try to make new specialized proifile but i cant find SSL , Cpanel ,Webhosting these category as a wordpress developer this is also my specialization part so can you all help me to find out correct category where can i get  these option so i will be thankfull to all freelancer and support team

Thank you

Reguard

Amir Ali

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
204 of 220

SSL, Cpanel and webhosting may not be specialized profile categories.

But you may specify these skills within a profile.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
205 of 220

Hi Amir,

If a skill isn't available in your Specialized Profile's category yet, you can suggest it. The suggestions are saved and reviewed by the team. Unfortunately, we can't say when a specific suggested skill will be added but rest assured the team is actively working on expanding our list of skills.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Gabriel I Member Since: Dec 2, 2019
206 of 220

In which category is best to create a specialized profile about Packaging?

207 of 220

Hi Gabriel,

You can choose the Design & Creative category, there is Brand Identity Design and then Packaging under deliverables.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Laurie H Member Since: Jan 15, 2020
208 of 220

I just created a specialized profile. However, I inadvertently chose "Instructional Design" as the profile name. I want to change it to "Technical Writing" but there does not seem to be an obvious way to edit it. (I'm talking about the title/label that appears in the green oval next to General Profile.)

209 of 220

Hi Laurie,

Please go to your Settings > Profile Settings and under the Specialized profiles section click on the three dots. There, under the drop-down menu, you can click on the Switch Specialty and select your new specialty for your specialized profile.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Laurie H Member Since: Jan 15, 2020
210 of 220
Great. This worked. Thank you.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS