Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specialized Profiles Soon Available in All Categories

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Stefan M Member Since: Mar 3, 2019
21 of 366

Hi Kerri,

You can't skip that Unfortunately. You must create a specialized profile for new Portfolio. So, why you not create a specialized profile from your general, to be the same or write something more?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
22 of 366

Hi Jess,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. The prompt will disappear after you create a specialized profile. We currently have no plans to turn the prompt off at the moment, as having a specialized profile allows you to input more structured skill information. This, in turn, helps power more accurate searches and recommendations, and allows you to be found by clients who are looking for you based on the skills you have and the deliverables you create. For more information on why specialized profiles are important, please read this blog post from our VP of Product.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Douglas Michael M Member Since: May 22, 2015
23 of 366

Valeria K wrote:

....having a specialized profile allows you to input more structured skill information. This, in turn, helps power more accurate searches and recommendations, and allows you to be found by clients who are looking for you based on the skills you have and the deliverables you create. For more information on why specialized profiles are important, please read this blog post from our VP of Product.

Unless and until there is correspondence between the skills clients can search for and the skills freelancers can choose to highlight, there is no way to evaluate that claim, or for freelancers to exploit the imputed value of specialized profiles. And really, Valeria...referring anyone who has been engaged in this discussion for weeks or months back to the feature announcement?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Joshua R Member Since: Mar 18, 2018
24 of 366

I just got access to create a specialized profile, but when I go to submit a proposal, I don't see anywhere to choose to show the client my specialized profile. How do I choose this option? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
25 of 366

Joshua R wrote:

I just got access to create a specialized profile, but when I go to submit a proposal, I don't see anywhere to choose to show the client my specialized profile. How do I choose this option? 

You don't choose an option. It automatically shows (or is supposed to show) the one that aligns with the required skills.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
26 of 366

Hmm...so I have no idea which one it will show? That's frustrating. I'm specializing by niche, not service, so I guess they aren't allowing for that? i.e. I'm only offering writing services, but I want to split my profiles so I can specialize in cryptocurrency writing on my main profile and medical writing on my specialized profile. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
27 of 366

Joshua R wrote:

Hmm...so I have no idea which one it will show?

Your specialized one will show for all writing jobs

Joshua R wrote:

i.e. I'm only offering writing services, but I want to split my profiles so I can specialize in cryptocurrency writing on my main profile and medical writing on my specialized profile. 

That is not going to work

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
28 of 366

Ok thanks. That's a bummer. I would really like that option. 

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
29 of 366

Hi Joshua,

When you submit a proposal for a job, your most relevant specialized profile will be shown to the client when they are reviewing proposals. If you don’t have a specialized profile, the client will see your general profile. While one profile will be shown by default, the client will always be able to view all versions of your profile.

Note that the ability for freelancers to submit a specialized profile with a proposal will be added later. We’ll keep you’ll posted!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
30 of 366

"Note that the ability for freelancers to submit a specialized profile with a proposal will be added later. We’ll keep you’ll posted!"

Yes, please please listen to your freelancers more. You just gave me a great feature that I can't even use. Just give me the option to select which profile to show the client when I submit a proposal. That's a no-brainer. Thanks 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS