Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specialized Profiles Soon Available in All Categories

pradeephele
Pradeep H Moderator Member Since: Jan 11, 2021
421 of 432

Hello Muhammad,

I can see that you have 2 specialized profiles for 'Copywriting' and 'Content Writing' along with your General profile. Can you please confirm if this is what you recently updated on your specialized profile?

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Untitled
ahsan-kazmi
Ace Contributor
Muhammad Ahsan S Member Since: Mar 15, 2011
422 of 432

I have recently filled up services, deliverables, and languages sections. While I can see the updated skills on my general profile, I cannot see the same on the specialized profiles.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
423 of 432

Hi Muhammad,

I am sorry for the late response. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola

Untitled
hamzasajid49
Hamza S Member Since: Sep 11, 2019
424 of 432

After the updates, the Upwork site is getting awkward and difficult to use day by day, I have two specialized profiles published, I want to delete one of them and there,s no option for that. I don,t have enough time to post my issues daily for these small glitches. Please see my screen shot for that problem. We hate those specialized profiles why you forced us to keep at least one, please make all things easy to use and customize. Please don,t force someone to do what you want

Furthur on my friend's freelancers accounts there,s an option to add custom certificates and they have been added their different custom certificates, but in my profile there,s no such option to add custom certifications. I don,t know why something different is happening with my account day by day.

hamzasajid49
425 of 432

If somebody don,t wants to add a specialized profile to his account, then why you force us to do that. Please don,t force someone to do what you like and what you want. Make things easy and customizable so we can work in a better way.
If you think that this feature is helping a lot of others then please let them use it but don,t force us. Why we can,t delete our all specialized profile why should we keep at least one. You want me to put the same titles, same images and same description in both profiles. It makes no sense

I think you should allow us to customized our profiles as we want.

That,s all I wanted to say, Thanks.

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
426 of 432

Hi Hamza,

I tried but was not able to replicate the issue you're experiencing, you should be able to delete one of your Specialized profiles as shown here. Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists? Also, you should be able to add a Custom Certification by starting to type the certification you want to add. The option should show when there are no certifications in the dropdown, see here

We are encouraging freelancers to create Specialized profiles as they allow freelancers to better describe the work they do and showcase their skills, portfolio items, and previous work experience in a format that helps clients find the best freelancers for their specific projects. Our research shows that Specialized profiles better reflect the way clients search for freelancers they would like to hire and describe the work they need to be done when posting jobs.

We appreciate your feedback and will pass it on to the team,

~Andrea
Untitled
hamzasajid49
427 of 432

I want to edit my "data entry" specialized profile. Actually, I wanna convert this sp. profile into another but there,s no such option to edit or to do this in my account

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
428 of 432

Hi Hamza,

Could you please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with a different browser to see if the issue persists?

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
35f5ead6
Peter H Member Since: Apr 11, 2021
429 of 432

I'm an electrical engineer who designs microcontroller circuits on Upwork.  I am ALSO a skilled graphic designer who lays out books and designs book covers for authors who want to get published.  These two skills are dramatically different and in no way related.

Since UpWork won't let me have two accounts to showcase my two unrelated skills, is there a way to use specialized profiles to make this work?  I have several concerns including:

• When I set up a specilized profile for the book skills, photos I added also appeared on my main EE profile.  
  • My work history will presumably show engagements from both profiles.  It seems like they might confuse potential prospects.

Is it simply not possible to have someone with two unreleated skills on UpWork, or is there something I'm missing?

Thank you for your help!

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
430 of 432

Hi Peter,

Using a Specialized Profile can definitely help you better showcase your skills in a different category. One thing to keep in mind, and to your concern, is that you've set your main profile to showcase your skills and experience in Electrical Engineering, that same profile will display all of your work history in Upwork. However, when you create a Specialized Profile, you will be able to create a separate title and overview, as well as set a different rate and even select the contracts that are relevant to that specific category. In short:

- Your general profile will display all of your work history in Upwork.

- Your Specialized Profile can display the contracts you choose.

I definitely see your concern with this possibly confusing potential prospects when they browse your general profile. I'll make sure to pass your feedback to the team.

Hope this helps!

~ Luiggi

Untitled