cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specialized Profiles Soon Available in All Categories

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
41 of 220

I want this popup GONE from my profile as soon as possible. It is highly unfair of you to force it on us. You're charging us 20% fees for such a flawed service, taking away free connects, and now trying to annoy us on top of this?

The option to create specialized profiles should be placed under settings or somewhere else. If you insist on forcing me to use this, I will not use this feature in the way it was intended and simply split my existing overview into different sections. 

You cannot force all freelancers to have different specialities or skills, and potential clients barely look through one overview/profile, let alone several. So this is just absurd -- what the heck is going on with this company??

specialized profile popup.png

Ace Contributor
Pothi K Member Since: Mar 6, 2008
42 of 220

A quick question: I have three profiles, two of them are specialized. One of the specialization will probably never be used by me. The other two are actively used.

I am basically an expert in WordPress hosting. I also do occasional WordPress (CMS) development. So, I created a profile with CMS development highlighting my WordPress (CMS) development experience with a reduced hourly rate than my generic profile (for WordPress hosting). However, most of the jobs that I apply now, are automatically set for "CMS Development" profile, even if it is a better fit for the generic profile. This is not a big issue as it is hard to disquish the difference for the Upwork AI bot. I don't mind it. I can change my hourly rate on-the-fly at the time of applying. However, I wonder what profile the client sees when they see my application... the generic profile or the specilized profile (for CMS Development)?

I don't want my potential clients to get confused with the difference in hourly rates. I apply at a higher rate, but they'd see a profile with lower rate.

Thank you.

Pothi
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
43 of 220

Hi Pothi,

The profile that is most relevant to the job requirements will automatically be shown with your proposal. Your general profile and any other specialized profiles you have will still be visible to the client when they view your proposal and your profile details.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Pothi K Member Since: Mar 6, 2008
44 of 220
Thanks for clarifying.
Pothi
Barry K Member Since: Apr 9, 2019
45 of 220

I am not interested in making it, but I cannot see a way to stop the invite each time I view my profile.

Community Guru
Riri A Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
46 of 220

Hi Barry,

Thank you for your question. Please refer to Valeria's response earlier on this thread. 

We currently have no plans to turn the prompt off at the moment, as having a specialized profile allows you to input more structured skill information. This, in turn, helps power more accurate searches and recommendations, and allows you to be found by clients who are looking for you based on the skills you have and the deliverables you create. For more information on why specialized profiles are important, please read this blog post from our VP of Product.

Let me know if you need anything else. 

~ Riri
Fatematuzzohra T Member Since: May 27, 2018
47 of 220

Hello, 

I have been working as an Infusionsoft Expert. I wanted to create my specialized profile but unfortunately, I am not getting my skills under the sub-category. 

My Skills should be

Infusionsoft Marketing, Infusionsoft Development, and Infusionsoft Administration. 
 2019-04-10_033915.png

I am not getting my Skills under Marketing Automation

1.png

I am not getting my Skills under Email Marketing

3.png

I have checked all the sub-category and I didn't get my skill set. Now, what can I do? Thank You!

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
48 of 220

Hi Fatematuzzohra, 

The team has confirmed that while the category is available, the specific skill is not yet available. Kindly type-in the specific skill, and click on the "Click to add it" for the skill to be added. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Specialized Profiles.png

-Avery
Untitled
Michael G Member Since: Nov 6, 2016
49 of 220

Hi,

I recently just set up a specialized profile, separate from my original development profile. I'm curious if there is a way to open up my availability only for one of the profiles while keeping the other profile unavailable for work.

Thanks

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
50 of 220

Hi Michael,

Currently there isn't an option to set different availability for specialized profiles. If you don't want to receive invites related  to one of the specialized profiles, you can unpublish it. I will share your feedback with our product team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS