cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specialized Profiles Soon Available in All Categories

Scott L Member Since: May 5, 2019
81 of 220

I was attempting to setup a customized profile.  On the first screen, I selected "Web Design" as the option, and on the second screen, I was given UI/UX options instead.  Am I doing something wrong here?  Doesn't seem like this should be that hard....

upwork-error.jpg

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
82 of 220

Hi Scott,

Thanks for sharing your feedback in the Community. For background, we have skill groups that are shared between UI/UX Design and Web Design. Note that the options displayed for each field you're looking at in the drop-down menu are relevant to Web Design and you can select the ones you'd like to display on your specialized profile. We'll take the feedback you've shared into consideration as we continue to improve the experience.

Andrew A Member Since: Apr 16, 2019
83 of 220
Spoiler
How do I select my Specialized Profile rather than my General Profile when submitting a proposal
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
84 of 220

Hi Andrew, 

When you submit a proposal for a job that is related to your specialized profile, the system will confirm that your specilaized profile will be submitted together with your proposal. It will look something like this (screen grab below). Let me know if you have other questions, and I'll be happy to help!

Specialized Profile.png

-Avery
Untitled
Andrew A Member Since: Apr 16, 2019
85 of 220

Thanks but I Am not seeing the screen grab

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
86 of 220

Hi Andrew, 

This prompt will show if your the skills on your specialized profile matches the skills that the client tagged on his job post. If you submit a proposal to jobs that doesn't match your specialized profile, your general profile will be shown, but your client will still have the opportunity to view your specialized profile when he visits your profile page.

-Avery
Untitled
Todor S Member Since: May 14, 2019
87 of 220

How to add more subjects on my profile, because when i add specialized profile, upwork didnt put me the new subject? 

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
88 of 220

Hi Todor, 

Each section of a profile will have an “Edit” or “Add” option that allows you to make updates and changes. You can switch between profiles at the top to edit the parts that are customized to that profile view. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

Untitled
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
89 of 220

So... when Upwork came up with this specialized profiles idea, I immediately created one for presentations - one of my specialties. The trouble is, it doesn't look anywhere near as impressive as my main profile page. I don't bid on that many Upwork projects (hardly any of them have a high enough budget for my hourly rate), so I've only done three presentation projects in the past six months; accordingly, my presentations specialty profile says that I've done 3 jobs and worked six hours. I've actually done hundreds of presentations via Upwork and before that, Elance, so this doesn't give an accurate picture of my expertise at all. Meanwhile, my general profile says that I've done 319 jobs - much more impressive. I actually think that I'm hurting my chances of landing a presentations job by using this specialized profile. I want to delete the specialized profile, but I can't figure out how to do it. I don't want to accidentally delete my main profile. 

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
90 of 220

Good grief. Another example of UW helping us. With help like this, who needs a boat anchor tied to your ankles?

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS