cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specialized Profiles for Freelancers that work in Mobile Development

MAHESH P Member Since: Jun 15, 2018
31 of 42

Hello Upwork Team !

It's good to see Upwork Team keep looking for new user experiences for it's customers. I would like to be part of Beta Testers or Internal Tester for any of such features or user experience.

My goal is to bring better technology for clients, freelancers and agencies to be more efficient and successful with new technology launches.

Good Luck !

Mahesh

Gabriella V Member Since: Jul 6, 2015
32 of 42

I am looking forward to the Specialized profiles. I need to be able to separate my Translator's profile from a long term Backend Developer project that looks inactive now - it requires several months of learning and many exams to take before the actual work starts. It costs me my Top rated status, as translator, and took my success score down from 100% strait to 89 % without any changes in my performance; since then neither the clients looking for the "100%" nor the ones looking for "90% or over" category can see me in search results. Very frustrating.

Walid M Member Since: Sep 14, 2016
33 of 42

I think this is a very nice idea. I would love to be able to split my IT/Programming profile and have a separate Copywriting profile. 

Naveed K Member Since: Jun 20, 2018
34 of 42

Wow, that's a great new feature. Thank you for always looking out for freelancers and comming up with innovative ways to allow us to use our multiple skillsets.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
35 of 42

Hi Samantha, 

You are only able to create 2 specialized profiles on your profile, and this is by design. I would recommend that you include the third category in the General Profile.

To answer your question, when a client uses the search function to search for freelancers, we will show them your most relevant profile. For example, if they specifically search for mobile app development and you have a specialized mobile app development profile, that profile will be shown in search results. In this case, if a client searches for freelancer in the Editing/Proofreading category, and this is noted in your General Profile, your General Profile will show up in the search result. 

-Avery
Untitled
Community Leader
Samantha L Member Since: Jan 3, 2016
36 of 42

I've created two specialized profiles (in Creative Writing and Content Writing), but I'm feeling a bit frustrated about the fact that I'm not allowed to make a third one in Editing/Proofreading, as well. 

I'm worried that clients who have indicated they would like freelancers with specialized profiles in Editing/Proofreading will not see my proposals or that my proposals will be more difficult for them to see. Will this be the case?  

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
37 of 42

Samantha L wrote:

I've created two specialized profiles (in Creative Writing and Content Writing), but I'm feeling a bit frustrated about the fact that I'm not allowed to make a third one in Editing/Proofreading, as well. 

I would rethink - and create one profile for Writing and one for Editing / Proofreading.

As for having more than two, I think that'll start crawling into "Jack-of-all-trades" territory.

Community Leader
Md.Waled B Member Since: Jul 27, 2016
38 of 42

Note: If I don't create any specialized profile, will it be trouble for me while working here on upwork?

Please, help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

Waled

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
39 of 42

Md.Waled B wrote:

Re: how many Specialized Profiles can a professional freelancer create right now?

Md.Waled B wrote:

Note: If I don't create any specialized profile, will it be trouble for me while working here on upwork?

of course not

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
40 of 42

Upwork is never going to penalize freelancers for not creating specialized profiles.

I am sure that for most people, focusing on one specialty is more profitable, and that means more money for Upwork.