"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Community Guru
Maria T Member Since: Nov 12, 2015
42 of 43

Thanks Valeria, but I still don't understand Smiley Sad

Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
43 of 43

so it's based on search results from terms that client's search for is what I am getting from this, but always the first 3 plus freelancers at the top of those results? Does the order of those searches ever change? Shouldn't it be randomized so every plus freelancer gets a chance to be featured at the top and not based on where they fall in search results? I don't get this either and I think it needs to be explained better still, and if it is how I explain I think it should be randomized and not based on how freelancers with plus fall in search results only.

That would mean we have to polish our profiles to be more search result friendly like how SEO is done almost, so making a strategy of terms to get us to the top of the results, and even then no one has a real clue I am sure about the algorithms used here at Upworks in order to get to the top of those results? So for plus members, there is no guarantee you will get to the top of results and thus not be featured? 

I would think, to make this evenly matched, every freelancer who pays for plus should get the chance to be featured at the top through randomizing them in whatever is searched, picking some at different times to be featured.

So this will come with freelancer plus membership, correct ?

There seems to be a lot of unanswered questions here. It doesn't make sense to do it for just the first 3 plus members in plus plan in the client's search results. Most likely the same people will always get to be featured if the search results hardly change with whatever term is used. For example, if a client searches for 90%+, over 10K spend and graphic design, the first plus freelancers that are in those search results will have their profiles featured? Are those people always at the top and thus always will be featured or do search results always change?