Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Streamlining your job search experience

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 22

Hi everyone

We are in the process of rolling out a new feature that enhances your job search experience. Some of you may have noticed this already, but now, when you click a job from your Job Feed or Job Search, the job details slide into the page (instead of bringing you to a new page). See details below:

Job Search View

Job Search.png

Job Details as a pop-up:

job details popup.png

This small change will let you quickly review job details without having to navigate off the search page.

Pro tip: To close the slider, you can just press ‘esc’ on your keyboard. No need to click the actual ‘X’.

For those that prefer to have a new tab open you can still enable that by right clicking the job title and selecting ‘open in new tab’.

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

Untitled
Ahmed Q Member Since: Jul 30, 2016
2 of 22

@Lena E It seems to be impressive feature, introduced by the Team Upwork. Unfortunately, I didn't experience it when I open the project.

Whether the features has been introduced completely or it's still under testing process?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 22

Ahmed,

The new experience is slowly being rolled out to all users, so you may not have it yet.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Trevor R Member Since: May 21, 2017
4 of 22

Seems like a useful feature that will save some time while conducting job searches.  Afterall, time is money!

Trevor R.

Ace Contributor
Cesare D Member Since: Feb 4, 2017
5 of 22
Great stuff, makes browsing through job offers a lot easier (we won't have to go back and fourth or open pages in new tabs anymore I guess)!
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 22

This is ok I guess as long as when you create a proposal it brings you back to where you were in search. The proposal page brings you back to your list of proposals, which is useless so you have to open details in a new tab to keep your search place.

Raul Flavian H Member Since: Feb 24, 2016
7 of 22

Hi,

I have a recommendation regarding the job search filters.

It would be great to be able to select a greater region when searching for a job, like continental.

It's easy to see all the US-originated jobs, but I'd like to see the jobs from Europe. 

It will take 5 minutes to check all the countries in Europe only, for every serch I will make.

Will it be possible to implement such change? 

Raul H.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
8 of 22

Hi Raul Flavian,

Thanks for posting your feedback. I'll share your suggestion with the team but can confirm we don't have any plans for updating the countries filter at this time.

Andres C Member Since: Jun 11, 2017
9 of 22

Excellent new feature, hope to get it in my job feed soon, Thanks.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
10 of 22

The new job search experience is now being rolled out to all users. You should see this new view on your Job Search page in the coming days. Let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

Untitled