🐈
» Forums » Bulletin Board » Submit your best interview questions for a ch...
Page options
jessiefadayel
Community Member

Submit your best interview questions for a chance to be featured on Upwork!

Whether you’re a freelancer, client, or both, we need your help! 

We’re creating a repository of interview questions and answers to help clients ask the right questions and to help talent ensure they’re the best match for a project. We’re collecting both skill-specific and general, soft-skill-based questions and answers. Here is an example of one of our existing interview question and answer pages to illustrate what we’re looking for. Visit this page to see the list of skills we’re looking for questions and answers for.

Talent - What are the questions you’d ask (and the answer you’d hope to receive) if hiring someone in your skill set? What are the questions you wish clients would ask and the answers they should look for?

Clients - What interview questions do you find most helpful? What are the ideal responses to those questions?

If you have great interview questions and answers for one of these skills, fill out this form. If one of your questions is chosen, you’ll be promoted on the page where your question and answer are displayed! You must have an Upwork account to participate. By submitting your question(s) or answer(s) or information, you’re agreeing to Upwork’s Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. In completing the submission, you understand and acknowledge that you will not receive monetary compensation for your submission. 

Sincerely,

Jessie F. 

SEO Manager

19 REPLIES 19
m_terrazas
Community Member

I have been reading some of the questions that you show and I will tell you, at least for my field (Animation and Design), the questions are usually useless, only to make it longer to send a proposal.
A client wants a job, gives almost no information and then makes a list of questions that are impossible to answer due to the lack of information, or because I am not going to give him free information about how I will carry out the project, how is my way of working, ideas of how I will solve your problem, etc ...

I think it would be better if you eliminate the questions that already exist and that the client ask the questions that they consider necessary according to the work.
If the client wants more information, he only has to answer the proposal and interview the freelancer.

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Maria T. wrote:

If the client wants more information, he only has to answer the proposal and interview the freelancer.

Hi Maria, 

This is specifically the purpose of the pages Jessie shared - to help clients and talent with the interview stage. 
To clarify, the purpose of the questions and answers on these pages is not necessarily to be added to job postings or proposals. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

Ok, thanks Valeria.
The translator must have played a trick on me.
I thought they were for the "canned" questions. In any case, I still think that you should take a look at the latter. Most of the ones I see in job postings are useless.

jiban_110
Community Member

Thank you

kbadeau
Community Member

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding as well, but if I get an invitation with the canned questions, nine times out of ten I'll decline the invite. Those questions are just a waste of time. I also can't stress enough how insanely annoying it is to get an invite to a job, and click on the invite, and then have to click the job posting to find out what the rate it. It's just nonsensical. You give me all the other info about the job, but don't show the rate being offered.

geri_kol
Community Member

Adding my vote in favor of eliminating the canned questions altogether - and even the opportunity for clients to ask their own questions that often equire lengthy explanations or entire paragraphs/essays in order to describe a freelancer's analytic process, work process, etc. That's what interviews are for. Just this morning I declined two invitations because they included an insufferable laundry list of this type of questions. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Kelly and Gerdana,

Thanks for your feedback about he questions that clients add to their job postings.

The questions Jesse posted about here, however, are not the same. It is about questions that may be helpful for clients and professionals during the interview, which is after the invite or proposal has been accepted.

~ Valeria
Upwork
f383a46d
Community Member

My all words and lines goes to Kelly B absolutely spot on 100% agreed 

f383a46d
Community Member

I think after reading all this stuff my advice is for upwork management team all the common questions and there answers from clients or freelancers must be included to the job title by default in your system

So that's so easy way to get responds couse system tells me everything if i apply for a job on upwork and I have question of what's the working criteria what's payment methods how much you paid what's the time to rap up my work extra extra so if clients are not there all these answers on my finger touch no need to clients mailing me or something like that to explain me all the stuff just i type the question and system by default give me a healthy answer.... That's it 

m_terrazas
Community Member

Hi Amr,

You don't get them if it's an invite. Only when you send a proposal, the client responds to you and you respond to them.

fdynasty
Community Member

I Submitted a question and answer to it looking forward to seeing if it gets featured 😉

03a246f7
Community Member

Good.👍🏼

adhanet_
Community Member

does being featured with an image include a clickable link? Also is it set up for people looking for my particular skills and lastly what is the average amount of impressions or reach? What is the expected benefit fro being featured?

502d3ed0
Community Member

Thanks for the information

rasy3693
Community Member

Hi Maria,

I'm totally agree with you.

mohfarhad
Community Member

I think it would be better if you eliminate the questions that already exist and that the client ask the questions that they consider necessary according to the work.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Muhammad F

The normal thing is that you write what you think, not copy what someone else has said.

atlinguist
Community Member

In the Writing & Translation category, I'd like to see "Are you a native speaker of ..." [e.g. the target language] instead of the currently available question "Are you a native speaker or bilingual?" (Of course I'm a native speaker of a language! And I'd obviously be bilingual to a certain extent. If the algorithm knows only those two words, hard luck.)

eysafarooq374
Community Member

Can you share a specific instance where your product research directly contributed to a significant increase in sales or business growth? What steps did you take to achieve this outcome?

Muhammad Eysa Farooq
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths