Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i've seen the expression "i

Highlighted
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
21 of 47
[quote=Maria F.]How is poor performance defined by the odesk suspension team? [/quote] Here is how it is defined: [quote] Poor performance is defined as a consistent history of non-delivery of work, poor communication, or delivering work clients find unacceptable. We restrict or suspend these accounts only after determining that their poor performance is negatively impacting the overall workplace. Account reactivation is on a case-by-case basis following a full review of the user’s performance. In some cases, funds are put on hold while the account is being investigated and are released once any active contracts are successfully completed. [/quote]
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Maria F Member Since: Feb 1, 2010
22 of 47
So you first decide that the performance is bad, you suspend, then you do "a full review of the user’s performance". Shouldn't that review come before? This is like the police arresting everybody on the street where a murder was committed and then starting the actual investigation. Then there's this thing with "funds are put on hold while the account is being investigated". If I have 10 clients that were happy and decided to pay and 5 that complain, you decision to without the 10 for the 2 is in fact theft. The idea in itself is not bad. Something must be done with poor performers. However said procedure will be implemented by Odesk employees who, in the past, have delivered a looong list of epic fails. So my trust level is not particularly high ...
Highlighted
Josefina E Member Since: Mar 21, 2009
23 of 47
I totally agree with Maria F.-Thanks!
Highlighted
Sayed Rasel A Member Since: Mar 16, 2013
24 of 47
Thanks for this information. My brother faced the same problem. he is all tensed and worried. Because his team is working in odesk. And his more than 600 dollars are balanced and around 500 is pending. He is getting sick just thinking on this issue. He shared all the issues with me few days back. He also apologize on that ticket and also promised that he will never do any kind of mistake, he will never get any more bad feedback and no more disputes will be there. oDesk wanted him to end all the current jobs successfully with good review and he did that also. he thought his issue will be resolved but oDesk is saying that his issue has been submitted to another department. All I am trying to say. There are works he couldn't submit good work. may be 10 out of 50. But also there are works where he did fantastic. And the ratio to good:bad= 3:1. And the main part is he understand his mistakes and promised that he won't do anything wrong that will impact badly on oDesk. So, is there any chance if he gets a chance to work on odesk soon. Cause I saw him how happy he was with oDesk. He can't stay without work and now he is out of work for 4-5 days. He always recommend other people and his friends to join oDesk.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Maria F Member Since: Feb 1, 2010
25 of 47
This is what I am talking about. Conclusion is don't keep extra money on Odesk.
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
26 of 47
That's called damage control.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Md Rahatur R Member Since: Apr 17, 2013
27 of 47
[quote=Margaret P.][quote=Maria F.]How is poor performance defined by the odesk suspension team? [/quote] Here is how it is defined: [quote] Poor performance is defined as a consistent history of non-delivery of work, poor communication, or delivering work clients find unacceptable. We restrict or suspend these accounts only after determining that their poor performance is negatively impacting the overall workplace. Account reactivation is on a case-by-case basis following a full review of the user’s performance. In some cases, funds are put on hold while the account is being investigated and are released once any active contracts are successfully completed. [/quote][/quote] This is where I and many other freelancers think your policies are wrong. I am not sure how you define "history of non-delivery of work, poor communication, or delivering work clients find unacceptable". I think you just send an email to the client asking how the project is going and then based on the feedback you take the decision. Did it ever occur to you that some of the clients do not even know what they want?!!! They ask for something and when they review it they change their minds and ask for modifications. This happens because some do not have experience dealing with the requirements. Here is a scenario for you (for example): Client: I want a "Tom Cruise" hair cut. My budget is $100. Developer: On, so the hair style will be "Tom Cruise" and it will be done by end of this week. $100 budget is ok. Client: Ok Developer: I have completed the hair cut. Can you please review? Client: Ok, I will review. Client: I think I do not like it very much. We need some adjustments. Can you make it like "Jackie Chan" style? Developer: yes I can, it will take extra 3/4 days. This will be put under the list of enhancements. Client: Ok Developer: Ok, I have modified as you have asked for. Client: It looks better. But I still do not like it. Developer: Look the initial contract was for the "Tom Cruise" cut and I have done the "Jackie Chan" cut as enhancements too. Client: Look if the style is not want I want then that is no good for me. Also the job is getting delayed. You said you would complete it by a week! Developer: Ok, what do you want? Please be specific so that we can get the job done. Client: You know what, just shave the head. That will work I think. Developer: Ok, I will do that. Developer: Its done. Please review the works. Client: Ok. It looks good. Client: I have paid you for the task. Developer: But you have paid me for shaving your head! What about the other two haircuts I gave you? Client: Look it’s the end product that’s what matters. I told you the job has to be done the way I wanted. Developer: !!! Now if oDesk asks the client how the job is progressing do you think the client will leave a positive feedback? His/her first complain would be: The project was delayed! How can oDesk decide what is going on based on the background feedback without investigating the matter in full!!! Just imagine for a freelancer if 3 out of 4 existing clients are like that then the oDesk system will automatically flag that account for review!!! Despite the freelancer had better days in the past!
Highlighted
Community Guru
Natasa M Member Since: May 8, 2014
28 of 47
:bigsmile:
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
29 of 47
I've seen the expression "scope creep" used to define clients and jobs here on oDesk. When I see it evolving I caution the client, and if they persist, I fire them! ...lol....
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
30 of 47
i've seen the expression "i fire my clients" but i've never really understood how that was done...
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS