cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspensions and keeping oDesk a safe and professional workplace for everyone

Highlighted
Jan Evan Dominic L Member Since: Oct 28, 2010
41 of 47
Yes, I know there are some unsatisfied clients under my services but in the end, they ended up happy to my work! This is the secret that i have lots of great feedback from my clients, some clients defended me of having a 1 negative feedback if you try reading all of my client's feedback.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
42 of 47

Glad to see this thread up and alive again.

Perhaps make this thread into a sticky?

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Michieka D Member Since: Nov 18, 2014
43 of 47

Hello,

That is good since we wil work in a safe environment.

Thanks alot

Michieka

Highlighted
Adria G Member Since: Jan 12, 2015
44 of 47

It's good to know that ODesk is actively working on keeping everyone safe.  I say this because I received an invite to interview, I did the interview, was hired but then was told they would send me a check for me to deposit so I can purchase whatever equipment i needed to set up my home office. (If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is.)  I looked at their profile and they had just openned up their account the day they sent me the invite. They have no history and no payment verification.

I told them that I would prefer they send me that payment via Odesk they said Okay.  Still waiting.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
45 of 47
Adria, you already know that the "we'll send you a check" guys are a complete scam, right?

There is no actual job there, and the checks are fraudulent. These guys just want to get your bank and identity information so they can drain your bank account. It is hard to believe they are still around, but it is not really oDesk's fault. They are very sneaky and they constantly modify their tactics in order to subvert the system.

Oh, and I like how you told them politely that you would "prefer" that they send you payment via oDesk. You already know this, but for anybody just joining us who might not be aware; it is against oDesk policy to receive payment or funds from a client in any way outside of oDesk. Even for expenses. The client side interface has a specific button option for sending finds which are for expenses or reimbursements.

If you are caught receiving funds outside of oDesk, your account will probably be suspended permanently.

And in real life, nobody is going to send you money for office equipment. That is one of the expectations that clients have when they hire a freelancer on oDesk: that you already have you own computer, software and necessary equipment.
Highlighted
Chris L Member Since: Sep 24, 2015
46 of 47

You are holding on to the dollars in my account.  And you have never reached out in any way.   I don't expect that I will ever hear from this company and will have to file a claim with my credit card company against Upwork

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
47 of 47

Hi Chris,

I checked and see your account is currently suspended. I followed up on your ticket and see that Support team representatives reached out to you and are awaiting your reply. Please check the ticket to continue the conversation with our Support team.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS