cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suspensions and keeping oDesk a safe and professional workplace for everyone

Hassan T Member Since: Jan 7, 2012
31 of 47
Appreciated and its always good to know (and see) that oDesk is working/ developing constantly to maintain high standard. Thanks Monica. Now, I want you look on something, which is when a hacker hacked an ac, the user complains and oDesk suspend AE temporarily. And starts to investigate to get the fraud. It takes time, like even more than a month. During this time, when hacker finds out that its impossible to steal money from the ac, its possible, he might take attempts to damage the profile by ending contract, sending annoying message to clients etc. Because, hacker still in charge of that ac. So can oDesk do something about it? However, again, thanks for sharing this post.
Shohel S Member Since: Jul 22, 2012
32 of 47
Thanks oDesk To Improve The System and Very Very Thanks For Faster response time Better information from our customer support team Improved education
Muhammad Iqbal H Member Since: Mar 15, 2013
33 of 47
i really appreciate odesk steps to keep odesk better and secure place for us to work with thanks odesk.
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
34 of 47
This is a nice first move in making sure Odesk attracts both quality clients and contractors. I hope that you will also find ways in weeding out spam job posts, plus incorporate a dispute resolution process in the system so that we don't see clients-contractors posting rants/complaints in the forums. Instead, they can resolve their conflict peacefully somewhere else. Good Luck.
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
35 of 47
[quote=Marissa S.]... plus incorporate a dispute resolution process in the system so that we don't see clients-contractors posting rants/complaints in the forums. Instead, they can resolve their conflict peacefully somewhere else.[/quote] this didn't exactly make sense. if it's a process, the only thing i can think up is escrow, and we already know that can't be - at least for now (so they say). if they wanted to resolve those disputes they could always do it privately, through communications via their respective emails or the message center. and if you're referring to a separate board for conflict resolution, i don't think that's gonna help either. unless there is a specific rule in the forums saying that conflicts will not and cannot be posted we'll always see rants and complaints about them.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
36 of 47
I'm not just talking about getting paid on time, but also -- other conflicts that may arise, like the client changing scope of work midway in the project and refusing to pay the contractor if s/he demands for a pay increase and other disputes. Odesk can either create its own dispute resolution center which comes with binding agreement recognized in these countries: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_on_the_Recognition_and_Enforcement_of_Foreign_Arbitral_Award... or, get a third-party ADR (alternative dispute resolution) service and implement it on its site. I think Paypal is already doing this.
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
37 of 47
sounds interesting, but looks costly. not sure if members will welcome the added expense, in case oDesk decides to implement those features - especially the third party ADR. i'm sure that won't come for free.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Ace Contributor
Francisco F Member Since: Nov 13, 2010
38 of 47
ADR is allowed as per oDesk User Agreement.
Jan Evan Dominic L Member Since: Oct 28, 2010
39 of 47
What if I have 49 great feedback & only have 1 negative feedback? How can i have a bad performance there???? I received an email from Customer Satisfaction Team and they are telling me i have high amount of disputes, client complaints, chargebacks, or low feedback scores! If this is true, I should not have 49 great feedback from my clients!!!! THAT EMAIL REALLY OFFENDED ME! take a look of my work histories here!!! https://www.odesk.com/users/~01ef0bb68b29b2454f
Samy S Member Since: Apr 2, 2010
40 of 47
Hi Jan, Indeed your profile seems not bad. And there will always be unsatisfied clients whatever you do. I feel more and more worried about all these new updates. I love odesk, and I hope I won't have to leave it!
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS