Team Builder beta program launch

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Community Manager
1,391 Posts

Team Builder beta program launch

[ Edited ]

Many clients come to the Upwork marketplace looking for a freelancer who can commit to a substantial, dedicated role on their team. At the same time, there are freelancers who are looking for this type of work, and for whom finding these clients/projects on the Upwork site isn’t as easy as they’d like it to be.

To help make these connections between clients and freelancers, Upwork is excited to launch a beta program called “Team Builder.” This program is intended to help clients more easily find freelancers interested in these roles and to help freelancers more easily find clients offering these projects on Upwork.  We’re kicking off this program today, by sending email invitations to some freelancers in the following categories: Web, Mobile & Software Dev, Admin Support and Customer Service. Soon after, we’ll be turning this “on” for clients by giving them the option to post a “Team Builder” project. There are many details to this program (including what clients and freelancers are committing to by choosing to participate) and if you’d like to learn more, we invite you to review the specifics here if you’re a freelancer and here if you’re a client. For those who want a brief summary of some of the key highlights, please read below.

How will the beta program work?

Some freelancers will be invited to join a private Talent Cloud group, starting today. Joining this Talent Cloud group is necessary to participate in this program and by doing so a freelancer will have access to clients who are committed to hiring for substantial, 30+hr/week projects that are expected to last at least 3 months.

Beginning early July, we will show clients in these categories the option of posting a project to the Talent Cloud group for a deposit of $200. By opting in for the “Team Builder” option on the job post form, these clients are requesting and committing to a project of 30+ hours per week and will be introduced to an Upwork talent scout who will help lead the invitation process.

Freelancers in the “Team Builder” Talent Cloud group will see these projects posted in the group and can submit proposals directly to them. Additionally, an Upwork talent scout will invite freelancers from the group to new job posts.

How do I join the beta program?

Only some freelancers (see the minimum qualifications below) in the Web, Mobile & Software Dev, Admin Support and Customer Service will receive email invitations to join the beta program. These freelancers will be invited to join the “Team Builder” Talent Cloud group. If you’d like to be considered in the future, just keep delivering great work and building your business here on Upwork. Minimum qualifications* include:

• Top Rated or Rising Talent status.
  • A profile listed in the Web, Mobile and Software Dev, Admin Support, or Customer Services category.
  • Work history including at least 100 hours and having been hired by a client that was looking to hire for a longer-term project.

*Note, meeting these qualifications does not guarantee inclusion in the initial invitations for this beta program. 

When are you rolling this out to my category of work?

It’s a work in progress. We’re going to evaluate results of this beta program in its limited release before we extend this into further job categories. This timing has yet to be determined.

-------------------------------------------------
Finally, a reminder this is a beta program. All factors (how freelancers join, how clients post projects) will be carefully reviewed during and after the program. We may make changes based on these observations and will do our best to communicate those here in the Community.

-------------------------------------------------

Update 8/4/16:

We are continuing to test and gather feedback on the new Team Builder program and have now expanded to two additional categories- Creative and Design, and Writing. Freelancers in these categories may receive an email invitation to join the Team Builder Talent Cloud group if they fit the minimum requirements for the program: 

• Top Rated, Rising Talent, a JSS at 90% or above.
  • An established work history, having worked on long-term projects. 

See more details about this program in our previous announcement above.

Community Guru
181 Posts

Re: Team Builder beta program launch

I received an invitation last night. However, based on the above, not sure why. My profile isn't in any of the three categories. Should I accept? And if yes, how?

8,955 Posts

[ Edited ]

Hi Gyan,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm checking with the team and will follow up here soon.

Community Guru
161 Posts

Vladimir I will appreciate if you clear me on this please..

Community Manager
1,391 Posts

Thanks for flagging this to us Gyan. We did some digging and it looks like a small group of high quality freelancers like yourself may have inadvertently been included in our email list. If you're interested in participating and seeking projects in these job categories you can accept the invite. If not, hold tight and as we expand this program to your area of work, we'll let you know.

Community Guru
181 Posts

Thanks for the update, Garnor. I'll wait.

Community Guru
161 Posts

This is for freelancers only or Agencies will also be added?

I have agency on upwork and have completed many projects in last couple of months with $1000 + on each project. You can check my profile as well for reference..

I have 39 workers in my office. .. I will be considered for this opportunity or not??

Can an upwork moderator clear it now for me please?

15,136 Posts

Hi Muhammad,

Agencies are also included and can participate in the Team Builder program.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
161 Posts

Hi Valeria, Thank you for response and clarification. Will you invite us i.e agencies to this program or we have to apply through any link etc?? What will be procedure?

15,136 Posts

Muhammad,

If you are eligible to participate in this beta program, you will receive an email inviting you to join the Team Builder Talent Cloud® group. You can find more details about the process here.

~ Valeria
Untitled