Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing Improvements to Job Feeds

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
1 of 17

Hi everyone,

Over the next few weeks, we’ll be testing a few improvements to the Find Work homepage for some freelancers. These improvements aim to surface jobs that appear to be more relevant and higher quality in your job feed. Our intent is to help you win more work and better work. We'll be testing this out for a few weeks with a small percentage of freelancers. Those who are part of the test group will see their former job feed return once the test ends.

-Lena

Untitled
Community Guru
Christine A Member Since: May 4, 2016
2 of 17

Will this affect our saved searches? 

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 17
Lena, would it be possible to notify the chosen freelancers and perhaps give them the option to opt out? Thank you.
4 of 17

John K wrote:
Lena, would it be possible to notify the chosen freelancers and perhaps give them the option to opt out? Thank you.

Yeah, no offense, Lena, but I'd rather decide for myself which jobs are "relevant and higher quality". I'd prefer to keep the jobs listed in the order in which they're posted, with the newest on top - will that be an option?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 17

Hi Christine and John,

Thanks for your questions! Although freelancers can’t opt out of this short test, it will only impact the job feed they see on their Find Work homepage. As always, freelancers will still be able to access their saved searches and do a general search to find projects -- these are not impacted by this test.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Leader
Ines H Member Since: Feb 15, 2017
6 of 17

Is there a newsletter or blog where these announcements are posted that I could subscribe to? Would love to know what's going on with the platform without needing to open the forums.

If there isn't, could you please consider starting some newsletter for these types of posts?

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
7 of 17

Ines H wrote:

Is there a newsletter or blog where these announcements are posted that I could subscribe to? Would love to know what's going on with the platform without needing to open the forums.

If there isn't, could you please consider starting some newsletter for these types of posts?

You can subscribe to this page.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
8 of 17

Hi Ines,

We do not have a newsletter with these annoucements. At times, larger announcements are posted in our blog, but most annoucements you will find here in the forums. As Phyllis mentioned, you can subscribe to this Announcement board, that way you are notified via email when a new post is made and can check the post and reply directly from your email instead of having to open the forums to find it. 

-Lena

Untitled
Scott S Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
9 of 17

If you are changing the job feed, can you add an option to hide all the postings I have given a thumbs down?  That way I do not have to scroll through a bunch of rejected posts to find those I am interested in.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
10 of 17

Thanks for posting this suggestion Scott, I'll share it with our team. To clarify, the thumbs-down feature is designed to generate feedback which is used by our team to help improve job search.

I wanted to follow up on this process - " scroll through a bunch of rejected posts to find those I am interested in". Since jobs are displayed in search results chronologically, do you often go back and review the jobs you've reviewed before, or are you using a different methodology?

I checked your job feed and would suggest considering using filters and creating a more refined selection, that might help with getting more relevant jobs on the list.   

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS