cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing a Change to Job Feeds & Search Results to Support Top Rated Freelancers

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
201 of 220

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience. The test is still running, albeit at a reduced capacity, so your job feed may include more job opportunities. We won’t be able to share more information at this time.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
202 of 220

Valeria, you answered the question I was about to ask,  Smiley Sad 

If and when Upwork ends the now abbreviated test, please let us know. When we read that it has ended, I'm reasonably sure many of us will once again look at available RFPs.

Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
203 of 220

This little waste of everyone's time and resources has prompted me to put building my private business into full gear.  

What yall do not consider is that freelancers do this to make a living so when you cut them off at the knees every chance you get...they do what they do best, build their business. If you make it a constant frustration, whack a mole game then our efforts are better spent elsewhere.

Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
204 of 220

Holy proposals, Batman! Just saw this for the first time and read the whole thread. This explains a lot!! (I've been tied up off the platform for the last six months or so, just staying in touch via a few odd jobs. I was keeping an eye on official announcements but overlooked this one, somehow.)

The downsides of this initiative are pretty clear (can we spell "boneheaded"?) and I appreciate that so many of you were on top of this when it first arose.

I do wish UW would stop insulting us with "spin" and just be candid: We're going to test a new way of manipulating the job feed [insert specifics]. We expect many of our users might not like the changes. We recognize--and would remind everyone--that the UW community includes various groups with intersecting but also competing interests. Please bear in mind this is a test, not a permanent change. In any case, we have our reasons. We are interested in your feedback. The deep lack of understanding about how the platform really works, that is reflected in so many of their "improvements", is hard enough to take without sending their moderators out with empty, condescending language that achieves nothing beyond making FLs grit our teeth.

Anyhoo, I hope they will at least do us the courtesy of letting us know when the test is over. 

Community Guru
205 of 220

Yes: "I hope they will at least do us the courtesy of letting us know when the test is over."

Community Guru
Amanda F Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
206 of 220

With all the changes in the past 1-1.5 years, it is no wonder that upworks has been losing money. Most of the changes are negative for freelancers and client alike. I feel they should listen a little more. Just a thought, afterall, the better freelancers and clients help run this site really. 

Community Guru
207 of 220

Mods, has an end date to this fiasco farce been determined?

Community Guru
208 of 220

A mod last responded mid-September, 2018.  Please update FLers when this 'test' will be over and done with.

I'm quite sure there are hundreds who, like me, have not submitted a bid since it began.

Community Guru
Tracye G Member Since: Sep 30, 2008
209 of 220

Since they started this hair-brained scheme the site seems to be attracting a large number of low budget clients. 

Good luck getting a response, if you are lucky you might get a copy/paste.

Community Guru
210 of 220

In lieu of mugs, t-shirts, and other general junk - for Thanksgiving, please answer the question 

WHEN WILL THIS 'TEST' END?

Someone, please flag this post seeing as moderators are not responding.  Thanks is advance.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS