cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Video Verification - How long until I can propose again?

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
2371 of 2,752

@Bojan S wrote:

Hi Nichola,

I'm sorry to know that this has inconvenienced you in any way. There are several options on how to finish this short process. Please follow up the ticket our team sent to you, and they will answer your question and assist you further through the verification process. Thank you!

Would you moderators please, please, please stop saying you are sorry that things have inconvenienced us. If you were really sorry, you would not do it!

Also I have followed up with your "team" - it is past midnight here, and your "team" is busy with someone else.  I am in my pajamas  - so good luck with the verification.

ETA:  Done  - but my account will be on hold for another 24 hours.

Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
2372 of 2,752

On one hand, we see and report accounts that are obviously fake, with the holder of the account being called many names in different feedbacks, and there is a struggle to have Upwork look into them. On the other hand, we have this stupid process where you preventively put accounts on hold even for routine identity verifications.

I totally understand it that an account has to be put on hold where there is something suspicious about it until the video verification takes place. But, my guess is that in the present case, and many others, it was a random video verification with nothing suspicious on the account.

I support video verification, at 113%. But, you guys need to rethink the whole process.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Shumaila K Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
2373 of 2,752

I was called for video verification and my account was on hold. I did video verification and then sent documents for verification. After 3-5 days my account verified but "Top Rated" badge removed from my profile. If it was just routine process of video verification then why Top Rated badge removed.

What you say on this?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2374 of 2,752

Hi Shumaila,

Please keep in mind that it can take a couple of hours for everything to be updated accordingly. Your Top Rated badge is listed on your profile, thank you.

Untitled
2375 of 2,752
Yes, I know but my Top rated status was appeared after 7 days
2376 of 2,752

Yes, I know "Top Rated" status apeeared on my profile. But I takes upto 7-15 days  when I contact upwork Support they say....The Top rated status will appear after 60-90 days..

Please check screenshot

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2377 of 2,752

it's mean Upwork customer support do not know anything...!!!

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2378 of 2,752

Hi Shumaila,

Thank you for following up with more details and I`m sorry about the confusion. I will escalate this to our team for an additional review.

Untitled
Justin S Member Since: Sep 24, 2018
2379 of 2,752

Just went through the video  verification and I could swear the agent said I would be able to continue working and an email would come through to finalize the verification? 

I can't bid on a job that just came up. Just wondering how long until I get this access back?

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2380 of 2,752

Hi Justin,

I'm going to follow up with the team that's processing your account verification and they'll update you as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Untitled