cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I did the video verification years ago - Why do I need to do it again?

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2381 of 2,613

Hi Saeid,

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process and our agent will guide you through the process once you use the link provided in the ticket!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Khilap S Member Since: May 6, 2017
2382 of 2,613

I have recieved email from Upwork about verifying my indentity through vedio call,they provided me link for completing the process of identiy verification,i went through vedio call and chatted with agent.They asked me few questions and i answred all questions answer.

Due to this i can,t submit new proposal.This is happening with me first time on Upwork i never faced such type of problem.It has been 4 days but they did not provide any solution.

This is the link Upwork sent me for identity verification.

**Edited for community guidelines**

My upwork profile link

https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0195f2db3f45c543f2

I hope you will give me quick update.

Thank you!

Khilap

2383 of 2,613

Hi Khilap,

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a computer or mobile device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. 

I'll follow up with the team and they'll update you directly on your ticket and one of our agents will assist you further regarding your verification process! Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled
2384 of 2,613
Hi,

I have already completed vedio chat with agent and gave answer of questions
they asked for.

But still i can not submit proposal.I hope you will solve this problem
soon.It has been 5 days.

request (#22864878 )

thank you.
2385 of 2,613

@Bojan S wrote:

Hi Khilap,

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a computer or mobile device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. 

I'll follow up with the team and they'll update you directly on your ticket and one of our agents will assist you further regarding your verification process! Thank you for your patience!

Hi Bojan,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I have already completed vedio chat with agent and gave answer of questions they asked for.

But still i can not submit proposal.I hope you will solve this problem soon.It has been 5 days.

request (

@Bojan S wrote:

Hi Khilap,

#22864878)

thank you.
Oleksandra S Member Since: Dec 1, 2018
2386 of 2,613

Hello Upwork. 
I have a problem with the submit a proposal. Its just inactive everywhere anf after I have finished my first contract I can't apply anywhere on Upwork platform.
I check all my bank and tax data but still have this problem.
Help me, please!

2387 of 2,613

Hi Oleksandra,

Please, refer to this ticket for more information about your account status and use the link shared in the ticket to address issues with your account and verify it. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tom R Member Since: Mar 15, 2013
2388 of 2,613

Hey guys, 

Can you please explain to me why I need to verify my identity again? I mean I’m all for tight security, but I already did this years ago at Elance? This sounds exactly like a scam, which I realize it is not because I see the notification when I log on. I’ve been a consistent user for years with no security issues so it seems a waste of your time and my time. Unless there has been some suspected security breach...? 

Just don’t get it in AZ  

2389 of 2,613

Hi Tom,

I'm sorry you feel this way about our verification request. We don't target any specific freelancers or a group of freelancers when requesting verification. The goal is to verify all freelancer profiles on the marketplace. 

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process! 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Tom R Member Since: Mar 15, 2013
2390 of 2,613

Hi Bojan, 

Please don't get me wrong, it’s not that it is difficult (other than me having to get off my lazy a** and find the video camera).

I was just asking WHY this is necessary? I mean if it is simply a routine safety measure to re-verify someone - OK I guess I get it. And if this is the case, then say so. The way it reads now, it sounds like it has never been done before.

For example, you could day something like, "Upwork security procedures requires all users to periodically re-verify their accounts. This is for your online safety, etc..”

Happy Holidays!