cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited Financial transactions

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
21 of 2,691

Hi Max,

I checked your account and it looks like our team sent you the email for the video verification process and the link is included on the email. Can you please check your spam/junk folder? The email was sent to the email address you used to sign up. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Andrii H Member Since: Apr 4, 2019
22 of 2,691

Hello! Can I pass the verification in Ukrainian or Russian?

Max D Member Since: Nov 13, 2018
23 of 2,691

Hi Joanne,

I have received one email from Upwork Help Center on Friday, and when I click on the link provided in the mail, I get redirected to Upwork Support.

A popup cames up, asking if I want to have a voice chat with someone from Upwork, and there are two options: Chat Now or Learn More.

By clicking on "Chat Now", nothing happens, literally nothing. Learn More redirects me to the new page where I can see which browsers and devices are compatible to make the voice call.

I am using the latest Firefox version, and I would like to solve this issue as soon as possible so I can verify my account.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
24 of 2,691

Hi Max,

I escalated this to our team and our team will send you a new link to finish this short process. In the mean time I can also suggest to clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser and try to complete the verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ivan Camilo L Member Since: Jan 10, 2019
25 of 2,691

I have a message "Financial transactions for [My Account] have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support." Please, Somebody help me.

Also, yesterday I added my financial account with a Local bank but in "Get Paid" show me the following message: "Your financial account has been suspended. To proceed, please contact Customer Support." I need de money in my account, please, help me quickly.

26 of 2,691

Hi Camilo,

I checked your account and it looks like our team has already reached out to you requesting that you complete the video verification step. Please follow the link shared on the ticket to complete the process. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Teodora S Member Since: Aug 12, 2014
27 of 2,691
I just realized that my ID card address and my utility bill address don't match. I'm renting a new apartment in Toronto, so this is a new address that's not on my ID. Is that acceptable?
28 of 2,691

Hi Teodora,

Your ID card address and utility bill address doesn't need to match. However, it is recommended that you submit address verification document issued within the last 6 months. Feel free to post any questions on your ticket and our team will be happy to assist you directly. Thanks!

-Joanne
Untitled
Jesse A Member Since: Jan 18, 2019
29 of 2,691

Upwork locked my account and said they needed to verify my identity via a video call. I did this call and it went fine. They said the temporary hold on my account would be lifted within 24 hours. But it's been 72 hours and I still can't apply to jobs. If I can't apply I can't make any money. This is a big problem for me!

Would it be possible to verify that nothing has gone wrong in the verification process? Is it possible to know how many people are ahead of me in the verification queue? Can I get some explanation why this is taking so much longer than expected?

I've talked to customer support and they just say "keep waiting" and "it should be done within 24 hours". They've told me that three times in a row now.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
30 of 2,691

Jesse, you may want to omit your website from your profile overview, since it has a contact form, which violates Upwork ToS.