cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: I'm unable to contact support. my account is on hold because i can't do the video chat verificat

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
2601 of 2,676

Hi Dasha, 

If our team requires you to undergo with profile verification, they will reach out to you and provide steps on how to complete it. This is part of our efforts to ensure our site continues to be a secure place for Freelancers and Clients to connect and collaborate. Please follow the steps shared by our team on the ticket so that you can complete this step. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Jennie T Member Since: Jul 9, 2019
2602 of 2,676

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2603 of 2,676

Hi Jennie,

May you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re able to use the verification link provided in your support ticket. Once you initiate the process our agent will follow up to guide you through the process and advise you directly about any of your concerns.

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Jennie T Member Since: Jul 9, 2019
2604 of 2,676
I have clear the cache and tried another browser. Non working
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2605 of 2,676

Jennie,

Are you getting any errors when trying to access the chat or it redirects you to another page?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Rodolfo G Member Since: Dec 5, 2017
2606 of 2,676

Hello,

I've the same problem, tried different browsers, clearing cookies and cache, different computers and the link just sends me to the FAQ page.

2607 of 2,676

I should add I completed the video verification a couple of years ago and uploaded a copy of my passport.

Here is what happens when I click the link https://monosnap.com/file/Ko4cdLmOn2TtUrJPrDSOOZFROU4vzE 

Highlighted
2608 of 2,676

I was able to do the video verification after switching my ip address... if you press F12 and see the following js error the verification poup won't show

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2609 of 2,676

Hi Rodolfo,

It looks like you were asked to verify your ID again and can do it by following the link shared in this support ticket. We do try to limit the number of times we ask users to verify their identity. Sometimes, however, we need to ask again. This practice is just one part of our efforts to help keep Upwork safe. Please note in the future we may ask you to verify your identity again as part of our ongoing effort to keep Upwork secure and fraud-free.

We appreciate your cooperation.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ashley M Member Since: Jul 13, 2019
2610 of 2,676

I was never sent an email requesting a video verification. Is this becuase I uploaded my ID? Is my account set up or do I still need to do the video verification? If video verification is required, how do I do it without the link(s)?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS