Thank you Goran.

Maxim E Member Since: Sep 30, 2019
2692 of 2,754
I want to go through a video verification
Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2693 of 2,754

Hi Maxim, 

Unfortunately at the moment, the verification process can't be requested from the freelancer side. Once it's requested our team will reach out to you via ticket with detailed instructions. Thank you.

Untitled
Blessel Q Member Since: Mar 10, 2019
2694 of 2,754

Hi,

Good day!

I can't seem to find the option to verify my account.  It does not show anywhere in settings.  

Ace Contributor
Stefan M Member Since: Mar 3, 2019
2695 of 2,754

Hi Blessel Q,

Don't worry about that. Upwork will send you a request for verification, you will get a notice on your Upwork freelancer profile. If Upwork accept your registration, go, start sending proposals for jobs and when it's time, upwork will send you a request.

Blessel Q Member Since: Mar 10, 2019
2696 of 2,754
Hi,

Thank you for your prompt reply. When can I possibly expect for Upwork to
send me a request?

Thank you
Ace Contributor
Stefan M Member Since: Mar 3, 2019
2697 of 2,754

In the most cases, after first job. Don't worry about that, every freelancer on Upwork must pass a verification process.

Shumaila K Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
2698 of 2,754
I received a massage regarding account verification via video call. I don't have Webcam. Is there any alternative way to verify my account.
Desktop is necessary for this or HP laptop works
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2699 of 2,754

Yes, Upwork is very flexible about this. You do NOT need to use your desktop computer. You do not need to use a detachable webcam. You may use a laptop computer with a built-in camera. You may borrow someone's computer. You may go to an Internet cafe. You may go to a friend's or relative's home to use a computer with a camera.

You may even be able to use a cell phone or portable device. Upwork just wants to verify your identity. They may make special arrangements with you if you contact them. But the simplest thing to do is use a Mac OS X or Windows OS computer.

Shumaila K Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
2700 of 2,754
Is there any other verification method instant of video chat
Please help