Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Mehran S Member Since: Dec 4, 2019
2771 of 3,094
Thanks alot for your concern and Help.
Highlighted
Alexey G Member Since: Dec 5, 2019
2772 of 3,094

Hi! how to request verification on video verification of my account?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2773 of 3,094

Hi Alexey,

At the moment freelancers can't request the verification from their end. Once you`re requested, our team will reach out to you with detailed instructions on how to complete it. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Paramjeet K Member Since: Mar 7, 2019
2774 of 3,094

Hi,

My account verification is already done but today I am receiving notification message

that "To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here." but its already done.

I am not able to submit proposal on any job.

Please solve this issue asap.

Let me know why this message is showing again.

I am attaching screenshot so that you can see that my account has been approved.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Paramjeet

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2775 of 3,094

Hi Paramjeet,

I would like to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us to confirm that a user's identity is legitimate, and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

In this case, you were asked to verify your account a few months ago for the ID-Verification Badge. This request that you received is for Video Verification which is a separate process. Although it may seem that the processes are the same, they are for different purposes. On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. You may read more about it in Section 1.6 Identity and Location Verification of the Upwork User Agreement.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Raven M Member Since: Nov 27, 2018
2776 of 3,094

I now have an ID badge and I already sent the requirements for the identity verification days ago why do I still have this "Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here." notification, or do I just need to wait for it to disappear??

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2777 of 3,094

Hi Raven, 

I'll go ahead and look into this and get back to you once I have more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2778 of 3,094

Hi Raven, 

The team handling your verification has reached out to you with more information about your account. Feel free to update the same ticket thread if you need further assistance with your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Arcady K Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
2779 of 3,094

I don't get answers from support I talked through videochat 5 days ago (Ticket #27268110) to staff and they said they'll contact me in 48 hours, but there were no updates.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2780 of 3,094

Hi Arcady,

I just escalated your concern to our team and one of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS