cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Identity verification

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2761 of 2,820

Hi Paramjeet,

I would like to confirm that we have several verification processes. This helps us to confirm that a user's identity is legitimate, and they are who they say they are, which keeps the marketplace safe from fraudulent users. 

In this case, you were asked to verify your account a few months ago for the ID-Verification Badge. This request that you received is for Video Verification which is a separate process. Although it may seem that the processes are the same, they are for different purposes. On Upwork, users may be asked to verify their identities from time to time. You may read more about it in Section 1.6 Identity and Location Verification of the Upwork User Agreement.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Raven M Member Since: Nov 27, 2018
2762 of 2,820

I now have an ID badge and I already sent the requirements for the identity verification days ago why do I still have this "Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here." notification, or do I just need to wait for it to disappear??

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2763 of 2,820

Hi Raven, 

I'll go ahead and look into this and get back to you once I have more information. 

-Avery
Untitled
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2764 of 2,820

Hi Raven, 

The team handling your verification has reached out to you with more information about your account. Feel free to update the same ticket thread if you need further assistance with your account. 

-Avery
Untitled
Arcady K Member Since: Jun 23, 2015
2765 of 2,820

I don't get answers from support I talked through videochat 5 days ago (Ticket #27268110) to staff and they said they'll contact me in 48 hours, but there were no updates.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2766 of 2,820

Hi Arcady,

I just escalated your concern to our team and one of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Nazar S Member Since: Dec 16, 2019
2767 of 2,820

Hello! How I can verify my account?

Alexey K Member Since: Dec 18, 2019
2768 of 2,820

Hello, I want to video verify my account

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2769 of 2,820

Alexey:

We don't ask to video verify our accounts.

If Upwork wants us to do this, they will ask us.

Until then, don't worry about it.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2770 of 2,820

Hi Alexey,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS