Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing video chat profile verification

Ace Contributor
Mohammad Moneer B Member Since: Sep 3, 2017
11 of 2,623

WOW!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I am surprised you do not know that upwork has actually other means of verification which they have offered me to take! I do not know if you have heard about this but there is something called verification through identity.

Second. Upwork should respect the privacy of its users. Video chat is intrusive. What is even more is that they suspend your account and blackmail you to do it. Quite an approach!

Upwork seems to forget that its revenue stream comes from freelancers.

Just a reminder, we, freelancers, provide the talent for this platform. Just think about this before saying that I can go work somewhere else.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Ace Contributor
Mohammad Moneer B Member Since: Sep 3, 2017
12 of 2,623

Rene,

I suggest you act and talk more like a professional.

If you do not like that some people might object to Upwork's policies, then I suggest you keep your opinion to yourself. No one is interested.

Please mind your own business.

Demetrios L Member Since: Oct 18, 2017
13 of 2,623

If Upwork really, really, REALLY wants to prevent fraud, a video call verification should be an initial step upon a freelancer opening an account on this site. Let's say within a week.

Asking from 100% credible freelancers who showed no sign of fraud, and who have been DEFRAUDED themselves (just like myself) from clients who did not honor their payment promise (e.g. a case when I 'refunded' a client without knowing it, because the client's payment method had no money in it), is - the least that can be said - absurd.

And yes, I do work on another site too and nobody ever suspected anything about my honorable activity on their site; they even asked me to join the Customer Support Team, having already pinpointed several fraudulent posts on their site myself.

And yes, I agree with other users who mention that Upwork has gone too far with this, calling credible and honest freelancers to video verification after about a hundred centuries (expressional exaggeration) of work on this site.

Demetrios

Penny H Member Since: Nov 20, 2015
14 of 2,623

I think they also want to see if your credentials match. They asked me what is semantic HTML. 

Rogelio R Member Since: Jul 4, 2017
15 of 2,623

I thought  the same way as you Rene K., So i decided  to go to other worksite and it works, Ther's a lot of opportunities here in our planet,
and yet still growing. Don't stay in one place specially if you are in getting trouble ,as long as you are standing on the right tracks.

Igor L Member Since: Dec 14, 2017
16 of 2,623

I recently went to Upwork and did not immediately get my first job. Probably because I do not know English. When the Payoneer registers the card sent, he does not collect all outpatient analyzes of clients! Somewhere I have already heard about the superiority of any carrier of linguistic differences .. According to you, if I do not speak English, then I am a fraud? Absurd.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
17 of 2,623

Hi Animult,

I see you received a request to have a video call with our team. Please know that all freelancers will be requested to verify their profile as described in the email notification you received, and you were not flagged since this is a universal initiative, which applies to all freelancers. Please read the opening post on this thread for more information about the campaign and use the link from the notification you received in order to verify your profile. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Christine Grace C Member Since: Mar 14, 2019
18 of 2,623

Hi Ma'am. Please help me with my problem. My account is financially restrickted. I really need that money to pay my bills and my baby's medecine.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
19 of 2,623

Hi Christine, 

It looks like you have already responded to the team through your open ticket. I will go ahead and follow up with them so that the team can get back to you and assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Max D Member Since: Nov 13, 2018
20 of 2,623

Hello,

Yesterday, I received a notice that I have to verify my account thought a video call with Upwork. I followed the instructions, but I am not receiving an e-mail which should provide a link where I can have that necessary video call to verify my profile.

Can someone help me on this issue?