cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing video chat profile verification

Ace Contributor
Stefan M Member Since: Mar 3, 2019
2691 of 2,720

In the most cases, after first job. Don't worry about that, every freelancer on Upwork must pass a verification process.

Shumaila K Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
2692 of 2,720
I received a massage regarding account verification via video call. I don't have Webcam. Is there any alternative way to verify my account.
Desktop is necessary for this or HP laptop works
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2693 of 2,720

Yes, Upwork is very flexible about this. You do NOT need to use your desktop computer. You do not need to use a detachable webcam. You may use a laptop computer with a built-in camera. You may borrow someone's computer. You may go to an Internet cafe. You may go to a friend's or relative's home to use a computer with a camera.

You may even be able to use a cell phone or portable device. Upwork just wants to verify your identity. They may make special arrangements with you if you contact them. But the simplest thing to do is use a Mac OS X or Windows OS computer.

Shumaila K Member Since: Sep 10, 2015
2694 of 2,720
Is there any other verification method instant of video chat
Please help
Community Guru
Jo-An B Member Since: Aug 2, 2016
2695 of 2,720

Hi Shumaila,

I checked your account and can see that you have responded to the ticket already that was created for you. If you have further questions about the issue on your account you may post it on the ticket thread and the team will get back to you with more information.

~ Jo-An

Untitled
Ramyar Z Member Since: Jul 12, 2018
2696 of 2,720
Hi, I have the same problem, how can I identify without video chat
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2697 of 2,720

Hi Ramyar,

Feel free to post your questions directly on your ticket and our team will assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

Untitled
Pavlo S Member Since: Oct 16, 2019
2698 of 2,720

Hello!
I had a video chat verification yesterday.
When I receive notification that I pass video chat verification?

Thanks,
Pavlo

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2699 of 2,720

Hi Pavlo,

Our team is finishing up with their review and one of our team members will update your ticket with more details as soon as possible. Thank you.

Untitled
Pavlo S Member Since: Oct 16, 2019
2700 of 2,720

Thank you, Goran.
Looking forward to hearing from your team soon.

Regards,
Pavlo