cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing video chat profile verification

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2781 of 2,810

Hi Collins,

As part of our ongoing work to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients, verification is sometimes required more than once. We do try to avoid doing this repeatedly and apologize for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Please, refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process!

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Theophilus Chukwuw I Member Since: Dec 30, 2019
2782 of 2,810

Greetings, i have concluded my video chat about four days ago and i have gotten a comfirmation mail that my restrictions has been removed, but i still cant find a place to upload my ID CARD. please help

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2783 of 2,810

Hi Theophilus, 

I checked your account and can see that you do not need to verify through Government ID verification. Could you please confirm if you are seeing a request in your account to complete a Government ID verification?

-Avery
Untitled
Nikhat B Member Since: Jan 10, 2020
2784 of 2,810

Hello,

Today I have got mail regarding video verification for upwork but I dont have laptop or web cam to do it, and my phone app deosnt support call and video chat, so what should I do in this case?

Thanks

Nikhat

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2785 of 2,810

Hi Nikhat,

If you don’t have a computer, tablet or phone that has a camera, you can use any computer with a webcam (a friend’s, library, internet cafe, etc.). The device you use does not have to be yours. For more information check out this help article.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Nikhat B Member Since: Jan 10, 2020
2786 of 2,810

Yes I have phone but upwork call not showing on app, then can I use skype for video call with my phone?

Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
2787 of 2,810

Hi Nikhat,

I checked and it seems that you are already in correspondence with our team on this support ticket. I will follow up with the team handling your case so you can expect an update on the ticket very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Margaret S Member Since: Oct 26, 2017
2788 of 2,810

I have tried several time to change my profile picture but not going.

I was asked to complete video verification, but I need to change my picture before I can proceed with the verification.

Admin, kindly help me look into the issue and do something about it.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2789 of 2,810

Margaret S wrote:

I have tried several time to change my profile picture but not going.

I was asked to complete video verification, but I need to change my picture before I can proceed with the verification.

Admin, kindly help me look into the issue and do something about it.

You can not change your profile picture before the video verification, that is by design.

The verification is to verify that all details (including the picture) are true.

There would be no point if people were allowed to change them just before the verification, would there?

Sheikh Nayeem A Member Since: Jan 5, 2019
2790 of 2,810

Did you just reply to a two years old thread? I mean is there any rules of posting or something?
Don't mind me, I am very new to the platform, and everything about the community feels kinda dead boring!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS