Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing video chat profile verification

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2791 of 2,816

re: "Did you just reply to a two years old thread?"

Sheikh: Margaret's post was created today (11 Jan. 2011). But Margaret is a Forum user who first used the Forum a little over two years ago. So there are two dates that appear in the original post: the date for the post creation, and the date for the user's first Forum participation. You were looking at the wrong date.

April Peralta M Member Since: Jan 13, 2020
2792 of 2,816
Good day! I have problems with initiating a videocall for identifying my identity. I was redirected at first but it was suddenly closed by my browser automatically because it's a pop-up. I tried clicking the link manually but I'm redirected to the Upwork Help Center. So, I would like to ask how to start the video chat. I've also clicked the "Start Chat" button but I'm also redirected to the Upwork Help Center. I've already allowed pop-ups in my settings and still get the same problem.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2793 of 2,816

Hi April, 

It sounds like you have a pop-up/ad blocker in your browser. Could you please check if this is the case, and disable the blocker so that the pop-up chat window can load on your browser? Once you are connected to a chat agent, you should be able to initiate your verification.

-Avery
Untitled
Oleg N Member Since: Jan 16, 2020
2794 of 2,816

Hello, I want to video verify my account

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
2795 of 2,816

Hi Oleg,

I checked and it doesn't look like you are required to complete any verification process at the moment. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification process in the future.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Ahmed H Member Since: Jan 19, 2020
2796 of 2,816
Hello, I'm new to Upwork and I was wondering where can I find information about Video Verification policies? In other words, are there legal terms or guidelines that define the criteria for verifying an individual through a video call? Thank you.
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
Anna S Member Since: Jan 20, 2020
2798 of 2,816

Hello,

if I want to get video verifications, how do I do that?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2799 of 2,816

Hi Anna,

Once you`re required to verify your profile our team will reach out to you directly with detailed instructions. Thank

Untitled
Nikita S Member Since: Jan 21, 2020
2800 of 2,816
Hello, I would like to video verify my account
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS