cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing video chat profile verification

Demetra K Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
2521 of 2,572

I just received an email asking me for a a video call in order to confirm my identity. However, I clicked on the link in the email and I find absolutely no video call.In the meanwhile you have placed a hold on my account while I am working on my first upwork project, which means that I may lose the job. You should have asked for identity verification video calls with real working links BEFORE we are able to get projects from clients. I hope you solve the issue and apologise to my client as soon as possible, as I have already done some work on the project and I need to be serious with the client.Thank you in advance.

Demetra K

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
2522 of 2,572

Hi Demetra,

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team has reached out to you on your ticket with number 25363711 with detailed instructions on how to finish this short process. The link to start the call is also listed on your ticket, if you experience any problems please post them on your ticket directly and our team will assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Demetra K Member Since: Apr 18, 2019
2523 of 2,572

the link on the email doesn't redirect me to any video call.

2524 of 2,572

Hi Demetra,

One of our team members will reach out to you on your ticket and assist you further with your verification. Thank you.

Untitled
Soham P Member Since: Mar 22, 2019
2525 of 2,572
Previous week I got a mail that I need a video verification call I've done that yesterday, then I got a mail that my profile is verification was successful and then I saw a message on upwork Financial transactions have been limited. Please check your email for additional information or contact customer support. Why is that ? please help me.
Riri A Moderator Member Since: Jul 21, 2018
2526 of 2,572

Hi Soham,

I have escalated your concern. The team has confirmed that the second verification request was mistakenly sent and you have already completed the process. We do apologize for the confusion. Your account is now active again. Thanks!

~ Riri
Untitled
Furqan S Member Since: Apr 25, 2019
2527 of 2,572

Just completed my first project on upwork, however i signed up for my id in 2015 but never used it due to some other jobs.

But after completing my first job/contract on upwork i got a notification on my profile

"Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here."

Also i don't have a webcam and microphone available for now and the same client is asking me do more work for him, can someone guide me please? I have completed my profile 100%.

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2528 of 2,572

Hi Furqan, 

Please know that once you click on the link, you should be able to connect with our video verification team through chat. From there, you can let the team know that you do not have any webcam and microphone, and the team will assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
oneand o Member Since: May 13, 2019
2529 of 2,572

my account has been suspended , what should i do  ?

i couldn't contact customer care 

kindly help me

2530 of 2,572

Hi Oneand,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS