Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing video chat profile verification

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
3081 of 3,094

Hi Nicholas,

I am sorry about the inconvenience this has caused. I shared your report with the team handling your case and you should be able to see the ID Badge now on your profile. You can expect an email notification from our team. Let us know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola

Untitled
Highlighted
Usama A Member Since: Jan 18, 2020
3082 of 3,094

I just got off verifying my account via video call and I call it blackmail.

They sealed my account and then sent an email asking to do it in a week or ELSE...

Not sure if this falls under best practices but you should reach out to the person first and then if they don't respond suspend their accounts.

This is scary tbh. Upon verification, the representative said that the restriction is removed ("BUT FOR NOW"). What the hell is that supposed to mean and further said, that I may be asked to reverify in the future.

My question is WHY. You already have all the info. Forcing someone to jump on a call with you and then asking them to provide you with document proof is just labeling them as some sort of fraud. Not sure, but was it because I'm not from the United States or that I uploaded a cartoon photo which the AI could have denied to accept when I was uploading (in the first place)?

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
3083 of 3,094

Hi Usama,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way and I'll share your feedback with the team. However, this is part of our ongoing effort to keep the Upwork marketplace a secure place for freelancers and clients. While we do try and limit the number of times we ask freelancers to verify, we sometimes require verification more than once. Apologies for the inconvenience it may cause. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Vikas Y Member Since: May 22, 2019
3084 of 3,094

Hi there,

I would like to verify my ID.  I haven't been asked for it yet though. But the problem is I can't find any link to get started.

Where can I find the ID verification link?

Thanks much for your time.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3085 of 3,094

Hi Vikas,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
SOUMENDRA B Member Since: Mar 10, 2020
3086 of 3,094

Hello,

I am registered with upwork from 2020.

I was not very active for last couple of months , and joined back and started looking for new oppertunities.

I was trying to update my personal informations, e-mail and photo.

Email i have sucessfully changed but with photo i am stuck, i was trying how it looks with old photographs , and now i am stuck , and not able to change photo. 

Kindly help. 

Do i have to appear for video review again? as I am not able to apply now for any wrok now.

Is there a option in future where i can use my logo as a photo and my profile can have my photograph.

Thank you for your time. 

Regards

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
3087 of 3,094

Hi SOUMENDRA,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process. 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Anwarul A Member Since: Sep 27, 2020
3088 of 3,094

Hello, recently I got an E-mail from the upwork team that my profile should be verified. And it should be verified by a video call. A pc with a microphone and a webcam is must for this. But I cannot reach out in this way because I don't have webcam or microphone. Then how can I be verified at this situation?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3089 of 3,094

Anwarul A wrote:

Then how can I be verified at this situation?

You couldn't verify that you are the person in your profile picture anyway (as you're not...) so there is little point.

In general you could just use a device with a microphone and camera, they can be borrowed from friends or family, or a webcam for your computer bought cheaply, 

Highlighted
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
3090 of 3,094

Hi Anwarul,

Please refer to this ticket for more information regarding the verification process, where our team already shared tips about using a device with a connected camera and microphone for the verification process. Use the link provided in the ticket and our agent will guide you through the process.

~ Nikola

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS