cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing video chat profile verification

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
31 of 2,417

Hi Jesse,

We're sorry about the delay. It looks like you already reached out to our customer support team to follow up on your account status. They have already followed up with the team that's handling your case. We thank you for your patience. 

Joanne
Jillian Nicole S Member Since: Jan 31, 2019
32 of 2,417

I'm in need of assistance! I keep trying to click the video verification link that says "chat here" and it redirects me to the community page of topics to get help on, then it redirects back to my feed. I thought maybe it was because I was doing it on my phone this week but I see that it's also not working on my laptop or desktop. Can someone with Upwork Tech Support in the Community please let me know if there is another route so I can get vertified, submitting for jobs, & back to work? Or if someone has another link I can try - please send it my way!
Thanks in advance! ~ Jillian 

33 of 2,417

Hi Jillian Nicole,

I see that you already have ticket. Please reply to the ticket so that the team can assist you in completing this step. I'll also follow up with the team that's handling your case and they'll update you directly on the same ticket. Thanks!

Joanne
34 of 2,417

Thank you Joanne! Yes - I have tried to go a couple of routes. I only have the one email and it doesn't look like a help / troubleshoot ticket, but I have responded to the one email I received. Looking forward to my video call, thank you so much for reaching out to help! Thanks ~ Jillian 

35 of 2,417
When I posted and didn't get a response in the community, I decided to do
the Chat Bot. It said I would get a link in my email. I don't have a link
unless that is the - new reply in *NEW TO UPWORK* that was posted earlier.
I clicked on it to see the new reply earlier and it takes me to the
community and topic "New to Upwork" but I don't see my post at all anymore.
Please help direct me. Looking forward to getting verified. Thanks so much!
~ Jillian
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
36 of 2,417

Hi Jillian Nicole, 

I wanted to check if you are still unable to access the link when you try clearing your cookies, or using a different browser?

-Avery
Untitled
37 of 2,417
This is great! Thank you for advising me of ways that could possibly solve
my problem! I am going to try both of these when I get back to my desktop.
I will reply to let you know of my results and also so others can see what
they need to do if they come across the same situation with the video
verification link. Thanks again! ~Jillian
38 of 2,417

Hey Avery! 
I have cleared my cookies on Google Chrome and it still didn't work. Next, I used a different browser, Safari. It didn't work either. I cleared the cookies in Safari and tried again, it still didn't work. I also went into the settings on both browsers to make sure there wasn't something diabled that was preventing me from being able to connect with the link. I changed a few things, also allowing pop-ups. Since the changes, the link still isn't working on either browser. It is still rerouting me to the community help page and then when I click on a topic, it takes me back to the feed. So I'm still going in the same circles. 

I also went into my account settings here on Upwork to make sure I enabled where I can get any and all messages related to this sent to my email. I don't think it is my computer, it doesn't seem to be having any issues elsewhere. (iMac Desktop) Someone asked me about a link that would be emailed to me, but I have never received a link in my email. If you or someone wants to try again, that would be awesome! Or any other troubleshooting tips - I'm eager to get this fixed and back to working!
Thank you so much for trying to help! I'll check back in again in a little while to see if I have a response from you or anyone else. 

Thanks! ~Jillian 

39 of 2,417

Hi Jillian Nicole,

Can you please try the troubleshooting steps listed here? Let us know if you are still having issues after troubleshooting. Thank you!

Joanne
40 of 2,417
Yes - I’ve done several of these things but I am going to try one of these other browsers listed. Thank you.
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS