cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing video chat profile verification

Paula B Member Since: Jun 21, 2016
41 of 2,419

I received an email 3 days ago notifying me that my account was placed on hold for quality review and that I needed to submit documents to verify my identity.

I immediately submitted the required documents. A few minutes later I received an email from Upwork stating that my documents had been received and accepted for approval. There was also a button within the email that stated "Start Submitting Proposals". I clicked on the link only to see that my account is still on hold and I cannot submit a proposal.

I have been in contact with chat representatives on 2 separate occassions. Both informed me that they were "escalating" my issue to the right department and someone would contact me. I haven't received an email from anyone.

My account is still on hold. I have verified my identity AND it has been successfully accepted by Upwork. It has been 3 days and I still cannot submit proposals. Can anyone explain the hold-up?

Thanks,

Paula

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
42 of 2,419

Hi Paula,

I see that you have an open ticket for this concern. I'll follow up with the team that's handling your case and they'll update you directly on the same ticket. Thank you for your patience.

Joanne
Paula B Member Since: Jun 21, 2016
43 of 2,419
Thank you very much!
Sachin B Member Since: Dec 21, 2018
44 of 2,419

Action required: To avoid additional account restrictions, you must complete your identity verification video call with Upwork. You can initiate this call by chatting with an agent here.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
45 of 2,419

Hi Sachin,

To complete the video verification step, please follow the instruction provided on the notification you received. Click on the link and it will direct you the video verification call. Thanks!

Joanne
Kristine G Member Since: Feb 11, 2019
46 of 2,419
Hi!
May i ask how to do an identity verification video call with Upwork? I can't find it in my account.
Kindly guide me on this please.
Thank you.
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
47 of 2,419

You don't do the identity verification video call until you are invited to do so.

Ace Contributor
Amrin S Member Since: Jun 23, 2018
48 of 2,419
Hi Kristine,
Upwork would email you regarding the video call process and there is no way to find it on your account unless they invite you through the email.
Kristine G Member Since: Feb 11, 2019
49 of 2,419
How long is the waiting time? I cannot send proposal due to account restrictions.
Ace Contributor
Syed Ebad H Member Since: Jan 14, 2019
50 of 2,419
Hi Kristine,
If Upwork Customer Support have invited you for the video verification call, you can find the link in Your Request list (Ticket list).
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS