Did you mean: 

Testing video chat profile verification

Jonathan M Member Since: Jan 10, 2018
81 of 2,417

It's the same with me very frustrating.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
82 of 2,417

Hi Jonathan,

I'll follow up with the team regarding your ticket and they'll update you as soon as possible.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Anastasia M Member Since: Jan 9, 2018
83 of 2,417

I would like to pass your profile check.
Can I do it in Russian?

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
84 of 2,417

Hi Anastasia,

Unfortunately we only communicate on English, our team has already send a ticket with detail steps about this process to you. You can access your ticket on this Link, if you have further questions please post them on your ticket and our team will assist you further.

Untitled
Kseniya A Member Since: Jan 10, 2018
85 of 2,417

Hello, I registered the account a day ago, today I received a letter from the support, about the need to video chat for account variability, tell me, is it possible, if I do not speak spoken English?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
86 of 2,417

Hi Kseniya,

I see you were able to speak to Upwork team and advised you about updating your profile picture before you are able to proceed with verification.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Dharmesh S Member Since: Mar 26, 2017
87 of 2,417

Mr Black

I Totaly agree with you and i have suffer loss in this action i give true and correct informantio fo upwork person still my profile suspended by upwork person and i lost my contract which is already sing and on continue nature

mitch s Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
88 of 2,417

Blake M and Others:

I've been a member of Upwork (and its predecessors elance & odesk) for almost 6 years, and have a spotless record with my clients (as evidenced by my feedback). Recently, Upwork demanded I take the video chat to "ensure our site continues to be a secure place for freelancers and clients." When I responded with a few questions, they gave me non-answers. Then, Upwork suspended my ability to submit proposals for new jobs. When I again asked the questions, they put a freeze on my account funds. Blake M: You said you would be "shocked if Upwork actually engaged in any such activity".

While I agree that freelancers sometimes stretch the truth, and that some form of deeper verification is often justified, I was unable to get straight answers from Upwork when I asked the following question:

• Why was I singled out for the video?
  • What sort of questions do you ask?
  • What do you do with the video after the interview?

Can anyone help? It's obvious that the Upwork Help Center is unwilling to provide these answers.

Rogelio R Member Since: Jul 4, 2017
89 of 2,417

I have been an Upwork  freelancer since 2013 ,and gainied an almost 100 percent job succeded recorded on my profile and still continuing at present.

I felt that  i am  not the same of other individual freelancers  which  earned  a bulk of $'s cause I' do not have a team.
and most specially I did'nt  commit any allegation from clients from 5 years working here on upwork.

Do you think I am still need  this Testing verifications  and besides I'm not pond  or engaged on it.
 and suddenly you decide a strong idea to announce A temporary hold has been placed on your account wherein you will not be able to submit new proposals or change your profile photo...
 I guess this is a kind of trick that you are planning to execute, Is it to abolish "Old Timer " freelancer which are not earning on 
your stage  bracket?

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
90 of 2,417

Verifying users' identities is a necessary step we are taking to improve our marketplace for all users.  The process takes less than 5 minutes and we have made it very simple to do. When your account is flagged for IDV you will receive a notification. You will be required to participate in a brief chat with an agent who will also need to see you on video. Once completed the restrictions on your account are lifted and you can continue to submit proposals. 

Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS