Freelancers on oDesk deliver great work, day in and day out. So to show our appreciation for excellent performance, we’re thrilled to introduce the beta launch of our All-Star Freelancer Club!
Over the next few months, we’ll be inviting a small, randomly selected group of our top freelancers to join the All-Star Club. This is just a beta test before the program opens to all qualified freelancers—however, we would love your feedback now to be sure we’re doing our best to give you what you want most!
How do I qualify?
The beta program will have three “clubs”:
- The Gold Club: For freelancers who have earned $15,000 or more in the past three months
- The Silver Club: For freelancers who have earned $10,000 or more in the past three months OR worked on average 40 or more hours per week
- The Bronze Club: For freelancers who have earned $5,000 or more in the past three months OR worked on average 30 or more hours per week
To be eligible for a Club, freelancers must:
- Be independent contractors (because agencies have different needs, we’re also considering a separate agency program)
- Comply with all oDesk policies
- Deliver high levels of professionalism (this includes having low levels of disputes, client complaints, refunds, etc.)
What are the benefits?
Each club has its own level of perks and support. As we expand the program and listen to your feedback, we will continue to add the benefits you ask for. How do I stay eligible?
Eligibility is assessed at the beginning of every month, looking at the previous three months. If you fall below the cutoff in earnings or hours, you will have one month to get back on track before your club status is paused or dropped down to a lower level. You can always come back to a club by increasing your earnings or hours in the future.
Have feedback on this program? We want to hear it! Please fill out our survey.
Thanks so much for reading this post, doing great work, and making oDesk a great place to build a career.
The oDesk Crew
Will this option be a selection for Clients when prospecting for Freelancers? If that is the case, it will further make it more difficult for those who do not qualify to get jobs. ie Currently if we apply for jobs that have red ! exclamation marks beside preferred qualifications, our proposals are hidden in a drop down menu on the Client's screen. A better way would be to prevent Freelancers from being able to apply to jobs that they are not qualified for instead of hiding their proposals and ultimately wasting their connection credits.
"Expect the best today and always." - Robson Grant