cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
41 of 186
Again it looks like maybe a good idea on the surface. I've been told I nearly made the bronze club - yippee... except that the sums are totally wrong and bear no relation to what I have earned in the stated time (although I might have earned that amount if the mad robot hadn't hidden my applications.) Sorry to sound so negative, but really - it's going to be based on another algorithm,... maybe another mad robot. It's got my sums wrong already. I think I'll just rely on my profile to sell myself...
Dini J Member Since: Jun 28, 2009
42 of 186
I agree with Stephen B. (Ireland) My work- I'll just rely on my profile to sell myself... My Work-Speaks for me. ODesk takes a percentage of my income; therefore I am the customer that helps support oDesk. Why do I need to be in a club? My percentage that pays oDesk based on every hour worked pays for support. This is what my percentage pays for on oDesk (A) wage/income transfer to my bank account. (B.) webpage to advertise my profile. (C.) technical support when oDesk is not operating correctly. Please somebody tell me, why I need to belong to a club? When I set up oDesk in 2009 I jump through all the hoops, from taking the tests to setting up my profile on oDesk. Now I need to make a quota to belong to a club to get what I already pay for why? If I choose to work 40 hours a week, oDesk makes more money in our worked as an hour paid is that not the model? If I choose to work five hours a week, oDesk still makes money and our work is an hour paid. Webster’s dictionary definition: A freelancer, freelance worker, or freelance is a person who is self-employed and is not committed to a particular employer long-term. These workers are sometimes represented by a company or an agency that resells their labor and that of others to its clients with or without project management and labor contributed by its regular employees. Others are completely independent. "Independent contractor" would be the term used in a higher register of English. This is why I chose oDesk back in 2009. This is why I choose to be a freelancer. I can set my own goals! I am a business woman. What I need from oDesk is to keep their part of the bargain. That might hour worked/percentage paid to oDesk provides. ODesk needs to stay 100% an equal opportunity not a club. When we choose to work through oDesk we choose to compete with the world. But it needs to be equal for all!
Dhesingu R Member Since: May 11, 2011
43 of 186
I am so happy to know that i got selected for your All star freelancers club. I will work hard to raise to silver club. Looking forward to your support and help thank you Odesk Dhesingu Rajan
Milan Z Member Since: Jan 1, 2013
44 of 186
Thanks, I really like this new feature.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
45 of 186
Wrong place
Community Guru
46 of 186
Hmm. Dividing freelancers into tiers seems like a step away from developing a fee structure, like on Elance.
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
47 of 186
With more thought, it rewards people for doing more work - but surely that's what everyone is trying to do. Some are being prevented from that by oDesk itself with their mad robots. So are people being rewarded for not having had their applications hidden? I would quite happily have joined the club in the last couple of months if I had been been allowed the opportunity on a level playing pitch; but unfortunately oDesk's general idea of a level playing pitch is something that we will be seeing a lot of very shortly - a snowboarding parallel slalom course. One other whinge from me.. what's this about Basefook - why are odesk using Basefook to roll out their new features? Not everyone is endeared to social network sites, and I know I'm far from alone in having nothing to do with them. Keep oDesk to oDesk, that's what I say Smiley Wink
Dini J Member Since: Jun 28, 2009
48 of 186
I do not agree with the freelancer club, I am a freelancer who gives hundred percent and has work ethics. I am freelance because of what my family and myself needs are. This is not about supporting the freelancer this is about more money for oDesk. You are not helping the little person that may only be able to work more than five hours a week but they give our quality work. The support oDesk would be giving would then be based on the amount of money being made to oDesk. Giving more support to someone that works more hours or earns more money than the one who works part-time. In my opinion your discriminating and it’s all about money it is not about helping the freelancer Weather by working one hour a week or 40 hours a week at times we all need the quality of support from oDesk that is required. ODesk wants quality workers but is now not willing to give out quality support to all equally. Gold versus Bronze is not equal opportunity.
Jyothi S Member Since: May 22, 2011
49 of 186
Yes, I agree with Dini. I do not like this idea at all because, it crates division with in oDeskers. This means that, oDesk gives first priority to Gold than other non-Gold which should not be. "All oDeskers need to treated equal in terms of service and oDesk features irrespective of how much they earn". oDesk is becoming money oriented similar to Elance. People who earn more gets premium service than others. These clubs are indirectly communicating to freelancers that oDesk's first priority is money than service (given equally to all).
Community Guru
50 of 186
It's a business. If it doesn't make a profit, it won't exist.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS