cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The All-Star Freelancer Club (Beta) - Rewarding Top Freelancers for their Hard Work

Sergey V Member Since: Oct 7, 2012
91 of 186
Just got a ticket to the gold club. I do not see any benefit for myself, but who knows... - Please make better tests. Most programming tests are algorithm-oriented. Other are google-oriented. - When i occasionally want to hire someone - i am being sad panda digging through tons of *** spam applications. the UI is awful which makes it even worse. There are several obvious steps to improve it and help new contractors with good applications to be more noticeable. - Gief gold/platinum odesk credit card! =) Cheers! *[Removed by Admin]
Top Rated Manager
Katrina B Top Rated Manager Member Since: Sep 3, 2013
92 of 186
Hi Sergey! Thank you for your suggestions. On tests: It sounds like you don't like algorithm-oriented nor google-oriented tests. Is there another type of test that you would consider to be better than these? On hiring: We know that the experience of receiving dozens of applications is not good, and we're testing a number of fixes. Do you have any specific thoughts on how we could improve the UI to make it work better for you? Credit card: I like the suggestion, but we are not a financial institution. Thanks! -------------- Katrina Benjamin Manager, Freelancer Success at oDesk
Untitled
Christian P Member Since: Oct 3, 2012
93 of 186
I would have to say thanks Odesk for keeping us in mind and for providing a unique service that clients and freelancers can provide and offer.
Ghouse Mohiuddin P Member Since: Mar 10, 2010
94 of 186
It's a privilege for me to be one of Odesk's All-Star Freelancer Club. (Silver Club member) Since four years, I have enjoyed working on odesk. In fact, odesk was my savior during recession, joined odesk to find some partime jobs, and since then never looked back. Proud to be a odesker.
Marissa O Member Since: Mar 15, 2011
95 of 186
I'm happy to be part of the Silver Club! I also want to take this time to thank oDesk for opening the door for me to work at home.
Imtiaz A Member Since: Nov 15, 2009
96 of 186
I can't seem to join the FB group. I clicked on the invitation and it took me to a page I'm not authorized to see. Can you take care of this? My Facebook profile: http://facebook.com/ignacio.phoenix Thanks
Douglas S Member Since: Jul 6, 2011
97 of 186
Many freelancers are great. However, they work for less than the 15k. I think that this should be based on the number of JOBS and Feedback and not the dollar amount. For example someone that has 100 jobs done and a rating of 4.6- 5 I would consider an all star. Someone that has made 15k off of one job but has a 2.5 rating I would not. This is NOT A GOOD DIRECTION for Odesk to go. PEOPLEPERHOUR did the same thing in regards to focusing on the money instead of the results and the freelancers and the site's ratings have plummeted to a low 2 star rating. I would strongly encourage the ODesk team to find a different method to rating the freelancers then solely upon the dollars they have earned.
Community Guru
Bojana D Member Since: May 2, 2011
98 of 186
PeoplePerHour started sprialing down in the moment when they decided to focus more on their 'houlies' than the actual job boards. It cheapened the site and made it look like a slightly poshier copy of Fiverr. I see that they're trying to pedal back a bit and get some balance again, but it's a bit late to restore the reputation they had before.
Heshani D Member Since: Feb 3, 2010
99 of 186
I believe, rather making this kind of club, if you can implement Level system Freelancers are standing on. Because it gives more motivation that which level I'm standing in.
Bryan D Member Since: Feb 11, 2011
100 of 186
This a good idea, I am looking forward to win the gold club and hope to have a good rate invitation.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS