cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The All-Star Freelancer Club (Beta) - Rewarding Top Freelancers for their Hard Work

Mary A Member Since: Mar 22, 2010
51 of 186
Hi, I really appreciate the new program odesk is offering But Earnings shouldn't be the criteria. I am from South Asia and we are paid less as compared to contractors of European or American countries. This program should be totally performance based.
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
52 of 186
oDesk is rewarding the freelancers who help it make the most money through their 10% fee. It is doing this to encourage profitable freelancers to stay, not out of kindness. Besides, nothing is stopping you from raising your rates.
Karim M Member Since: Feb 5, 2013
53 of 186
yes , I agree this program will help freelancer from United States and Europe but not the majority of freelancers who really work harder and get less money
SHAH FUAD M Member Since: Jun 10, 2014
54 of 186
good decision
Ace Contributor
Dean a Member Since: Oct 25, 2009
55 of 186
Yes Mary odesk workers from Asia do earn less but then again your living costs are about 500% cheaper than us in the west and lets be honest in your own country you would in all likelihood not earn these same rates working for someone in your own country - im just saying since you brought up the difference
Sathiyaraja R Member Since: Apr 5, 2012
56 of 186
Thanks for invite the bronze club
Don T Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
57 of 186
Looking forward to see how you'll use this to promote contractors. For example, now that I'm a bronze member I would have expected to see some kind of badge show up on my profile page.
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
58 of 186
Well I earn about $4000/month but have gotten no email about anything as usual. I seem to never get emails from oDesk. IS this something that shows in the profile or what? How are we supposed to know we are in it?...other than email which seems unreliable at best. How about a notice here in our oDesk messages?
Ayesha S Member Since: Nov 22, 2009
59 of 186
Hi Margaret, Please confirm if you are unsubscribed from our marketing emails. One way to do this is to search for an email from odesk@workhappy.odesk.com and follow the “Unsubscribe” link at the bottom. It will take you to a page where you’ll be able to change preferences. Please contact Customer Support if you can’t find an email with this link. Secondly, we have only sent out emails to Bronze club users for now. We will be sending out more emails to another small group of randomly selected users that qualify for the Silver and Gold Club. If you don’t receive an email, it probably means you weren’t in the beta test group.
oDesk Forum Moderator Always reach for the skies, for even if you fall, you'll still be on the top of the world...
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
60 of 186
How is a notification about something that has affected your personal oDesk account a "marketing email"? Ayesha, are you saying that unless we subject ourselves to sales pitches, we won't be able to find out what is happening with our accounts?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS