cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The All-Star Freelancer Club (Beta) - Rewarding Top Freelancers for their Hard Work

Top Rated Manager
Katrina B Top Rated Manager Member Since: Sep 3, 2013
81 of 186
Reposting my response from the other thread: https://www.odesk.com/community/node/32862#comment-134585 Andre, Thank you for your feedback! I hear your frustration and understand that Translation must be one of the most difficult fields in which to reach the All-Star Club. I really like your suggestion of varying the criteria to make the All-Star Club based on the category. Translation, in particular, has a very quantifiable way to measure work output by word, as you suggested. This is something we will work to incorporate in the All-Star Club if we roll it out to everyone after the Beta period. I also really like your suggestion of tracking time on Fixed Price contracts. We sent it over to our Product team for consideration. Thank you again for reading the post, and for taking the time to give us such helpful suggestions. — Katrina Benjamin oDesk Manager, Freelancer Success
Untitled
Susan B Member Since: Jan 29, 2013
82 of 186
Totally agree with you Andre. Should be broken down into the various categories that we search for jobs under. Otherwise, comparing apples to oranges does me no good if I'm looking for the best pear.
Karim M Member Since: Feb 5, 2013
83 of 186
I totally agree with André
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
84 of 186
... and what about the rest of us who have been actively earning on this site for ages but do not meet your requirements? Sure, some of us may not be working like mad machines in a week or earn hefty sum in a span of 3 months because it's not in the nature of our jobs to do so. Why not consider years of stay in this site + hours worked + total earnings? That would be just and fair.
Community Leader
André U Member Since: Dec 5, 2013
85 of 186
I'd sign this, although I am not very long part of this platform. Registration date + number of jobs + total earnings + worked hours + feedback score That'd be the fairest way I could imagine. But you know what? oDesk just wants us to work harder, to get more money. That's why the requirement is how it is. Either way, by working longer (hourly contracts) or by earning more (hourly+fixed price), they get more money. They don't really care if we feel good about it. But it'll bring in more money by people who try to reach those requirements. That's all what's behind the curtain. Smiley Sad
Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
86 of 186
I like the way you summed it up Smiley Wink I guess, here's the part where I sing 'It's all about the money.. it's all about the..' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcXMhwF4EtQ
Ace Contributor
Rodelito D Member Since: Feb 24, 2009
87 of 186
Nailed it!
Top Rated Manager
88 of 186
Marissa, Thank you for the suggestion! This is a great idea, and I'm looking into how we could include this if we roll out the program. — Katrina Benjamin oDesk Manager, Freelancer Success
Untitled
B B Z GH Z Member Since: Oct 28, 2012
89 of 186
guess because odesk joined elance or got sold out...things has gone down the hill ,looks like things are going all the wrong ways on all directions, better JUMP before we are killed by the merge effects , as I see new club ,new changes and not much sounds really as improvement in reality? Maybe I am blind , i will see if finding good eye doctor o9o
Top Rated Manager
90 of 186
Hi Benny, It sounds like you don't think the benefits above would help your work on oDesk. What could we offer that would make a difference? I'd love to hear any suggestions of benefits I could add to the club that would make oDesk work better for you. Thanks! — Katrina Benjamin oDesk Manager, Freelancer Success
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS