cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated freelancer program - now live

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
1 of 119

As mentioned in our blog post earlier this year and at several points through our discussions on the Community, we've been working hard on ways to reward our best freelancers. Today, we're excited to announce the launch of our Top Rated freelancer program

You can read more about this program in our blog post here. We've also summarized details of this program in our Help Article here

Congratulations to those of you who have already achieved Top Rated status. We look forward to seeing more of you join these ranks soon.

We look forward to hearing your feedback and we'll do our best to answer your questions here on the discussion thread as well. 

Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
2 of 119

Thanks Odesk I am really proud to be a top rated hope i maintain my status and do more for me and Odesk.

Thanks

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
3 of 119

If this is live how come I only see chat and email support still listed under support?

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
4 of 119

@Suzanne N wrote:

If this is live how come I only see chat and email support still listed under support?

I can say if oDesk decides to takes away chat and phone support for my unwillingness to upload a pic, because that's the only thing that won't let me get the badge which solidifies that top rated just doesn't mean much and is measuring not so important things, and does not take into account that I pay a big multiple of the top rated minimum earnings in fees alone - my voice will be very loud in sharing my oDesk experience beyond this forum. I have 0 complaints about chat and phone support still being available and very much hope it stays that way.

Community Manager
5 of 119

Hi Krisztina,

As we've discussed previously, having a complete profile (pic included) is an important factor in becoming Top Rated. You may continue to receive phone support as part of your account due to your hiring as a client, but other advantages of being a Top Rated freelancer will not apply if those program requirements aren't met. 

Thanks,

Garnor

Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
6 of 119

@Garnor M wrote:

Hi Krisztina,

As we've discussed previously, having a complete profile (pic included) is an important factor in becoming Top Rated. You may continue to receive phone support as part of your account due to your hiring as a client, but other advantages of being a Top Rated freelancer will not apply if those program requirements aren't met. 

Thanks,

Garnor

That's alright, I think my profile and earnings history speaks for itself, so I am not too concerned with the badge, I just want to ensure I get adequate support.

Ace Contributor
Nicole H Member Since: Nov 15, 2007
7 of 119

@Garnor M wrote:

Hi Krisztina,

Thanks,

Garnor

If I CHOOSE to apply for a job, I would not mind a potential client seeing a photo of me or even doing a video chat. I do not understand why just anyone who signs up for oDesk should have the right to see my photo. This is a privacy issue. Just like we can exclude our last names, we should be able to omit our photos and be treated the same as everyone else.

Although it is clear that our names are not being kept private either. It is very obvious that oDesk has some sort of arrangement with LinkedIn to share our data as LinkedIn has suggested a number of former clients on oDesk to me as potential connections even though the only way LinkedIn could know I had worked for that person was if they had access to oDesk data. And don't say this is because they happen to be people in the same field as me as they were jobs very tangential to what I normally do nor are they circles I normally move in. Now it is possible that LinkedIn is illegally mining data here but I have yet to get a satisficatory explanation for this from oDesk.

Marijana P Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
8 of 119

@kugrin wrote:

@Suzanne N wrote:

I can say if oDesk decides to takes away chat and phone support for my unwillingness to upload a pic, because that's the only thing that won't let me get the badge which solidifies that top rated just doesn't mean much and is measuring not so important things, and does not take into account that I pay a big multiple of the top rated minimum earnings in fees alone - my voice will be very loud in sharing my oDesk experience beyond this forum. I have 0 complaints about chat and phone support still being available and very much hope it stays that way.

I agree, for example, what if someone doesn't have a certificate, and thus can't have a 100 % complete profile, but knows his job very well, he then won't be among the top rated freelancers.

That's why I think that these criteria are not very well chosen, and that they can even affect those workers that are really excellent, but either don't have a paper, or as you said don't want to upload a picture for some reason, or just haven't earned enough money in the last year, etc., and these things are really not very important when it comes to how a person can do his job.

Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
9 of 119

I still only have the submit a ticket option...no chat or phone.

Community Manager
10 of 119

Hi Candi and Suzanne,

Thanks for raising this. We're working on rolling this out to everyone so it may take a day or so for these options to show on your account.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS