cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated freelancer program - now live

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
111 of 119

Hi Felix,

One of the requirements for Top Rated program is a 100% complete freelancer profile and yours is currently at 80%. Different factors contribute to the profile completeness and you can learn more about it from this article. Note that it's required to publicly show one skills test to get the remaining 10% profile completion. So you may pass a test and set it as public in order to bring your profile completemess back to 100%.

I hope it helps.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Abdulla A Member Since: Jun 6, 2016
112 of 119

Hello, I didnt understand one thing:

13 weeks from 16, is that means, that after 16 weeks I will get badge? Or if I met all requirments I will became top rated in 13 weeks?

now I have

> 2000$ earned

97% jss

5.00 average review

>8 weeks worked.

And what time usually takes for review profile before Top Rated'em it ? Thanks for attention!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
113 of 119

Hi Abdulla,

You will become Top Rated in 13 weeks if you maintain 90% Job Success score during all of those weeks and meet other requirements for the Top Rated program. Once you qualify, you will receive a welcoming email and the badge will appear on your profile.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Igor B Member Since: Jul 16, 2017
114 of 119

Hello! When I will get my Top Rated? I done everything for it

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
115 of 119

Hi Igor,

Our team will follow up on the support request you submitted earlier but in the meantime please review the requirements for participating in the Top Rated program.

Ace Contributor
Gregory John G Member Since: Mar 27, 2018
116 of 119

I'm in week 12 of joining Upwork, have earned 5-figures thus far, have 100% job success score, 96% recommendation rate for dozens of clients and only 5-star reviews.

It has required being very selective about the projects I bid on, very high-end work, and excellent communication with the client to establish well-defined milestones and then to communicate at every step toward successful delivery.

I'll reach Top Rated this month. Based on everyone's view of Top Rated, it doesn't look like there's any real advantage to this Top Rated program - so why even have it? Therefore, let me propose a few that ideas that would add value to me and perhaps you too:

1) Only show new jobs to Top Rated for the first hour. This way we could take advantage of the timing to get in first. This is not the most important factor, but responding while there are few than 5 responders seems to be a good thing.

2) Invite all Top Rated contractors to join an ongoing Top Rated User Group to suggest improvements to the platform and join in focus groups and surveys.

3) Give Top Rated contractors the ability to see if a proposal has actually been viewed. This would benefit all contractors, since you can't manage what you can't measure, but start with Top Rated to test it out.

4) Give Top Rated a deep discount on the percent Upwork takes from first-time clients. Better yet, just charge Top Rated 5% of all contracts.

Hopefully Upwork reads this, but I doubt it. I have volunteered to participate in surveys, focus groups, and it has fallen on deaf ears thus far. Having run eBay's international monthly customer survey in over 20 languages, I find it odd to say the least that Upwork has no such program. If they do have such a program, I don't know of it.

CYDNI O Member Since: Mar 17, 2015
117 of 119
I too have been working through Upwork for years (since it was oDesk), having garnered positive reviews from many happy clients.

When they announced the Top Rated classification, I thought it would be great, but I agree that there is no benefit to being classified as Top Rated.

Combine this with the huge rate hike, and I just didn't see the point anymore. I now rarely even search for clients through Upwork.
Community Guru
Gabor K Member Since: Apr 1, 2015
118 of 119
I think the conditions for Top Rated are also not fair. It is very hard to
gather 13 eligible weeks, and when there is a dip in JSS that drops you
under 90%, you are out of the program.
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
119 of 119

@Gabor K wrote:
I think the conditions for Top Rated are also not fair. It is very hard to
gather 13 eligible weeks, and when there is a dip in JSS that drops you
under 90%, you are out of the program.

Sometimes I wonder if this top-rated program is not specifically tailored to people who easily manage to keep 13 eligible weeks and their JSS above 90%...

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS