Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated freelancer program - now live

Community Manager
Garnor M Community Manager Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
21 of 119

Hi Suzanne, Donna, Sadak and others.

We've resolved the bug that was causing earnings to show as $0 and the image bug for the top rated notation on your My Stats page.

Community Guru
Natalia G Member Since: Jun 8, 2008
22 of 119

Great, yet another useless feature to make sure I definitely don't get any jobs... I will have to sit here and watch inexperienced translators take all the jobs as:

To earn and maintain Top Rated status, you must have:

• A Job Success score of at least 90% (Well, that's out of my hands, we've discussed to death the inaccuracy of this useless feature)
  • 12-month earnings of at least $1,000 How? Can't get jobs because of the Job Success Score!
  • An account in good standing with no recent account holds NEVER any problems, so YES
  • A 100% complete profile with photo YES
  • Up to date availability (if unavailable now, set a date estimate) YES
  • At least 30 days of work history on oDesk YES

Great, so it looks like I won't be able to take advantage of this feature due to a previous useless and inaccurate feature... 

Keep up the good work... :/

Ace Contributor
Anton C Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
23 of 119

I have a question. Does the requirement of 100% complete profile also mean a video of myself uploaded?

Ace Contributor
Dejan H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
24 of 119

@Anton C wrote:

I have a question. Does the requirement of 100% complete profile also mean a video of myself uploaded?

NoSmiley Happy 

Ace Contributor
Leila J Member Since: Jan 9, 2015
25 of 119

This is a great idea Garnor that should improve the overall oDesk experience for everyone BUT it's very flawed because the Job Success score is not a fair indicator for all the reasons already discussed in the Forum.

The result is that many freelancers providing a lower quality of work are top rated, while some of the top quality freelancers are not in the Top Rated band.

From reading the recent Forum posts on this topic, I believe that many freelancers feel the same way about it.

Ace Contributor
Sadak N Member Since: Jan 30, 2010
26 of 119

@Leila J wrote:

This is a great idea Garnor that should improve the overall oDesk experience for everyone BUT it's very flawed because the Job Success score is not a fair indicator for all the reasons already discussed in the Forum.

The result is that many freelancers providing a lower quality of work are top rated, while some of the top quality freelancers are not in the Top Rated band.

From reading the recent Forum posts on this topic, I believe that many freelancers feel the same way about it.

I completely agree  with you Leila. I have 83 percent job success just because some clients chose not to leave feedback and just disappeared just like that without any notice. Of course this was counted against me unfortunately!

Duy T Member Since: Mar 26, 2015
27 of 119

I'm not sure about it. Some of my clients didn't leave feedback AT ALL but I can see it doesn't really effect my score. It doesn't change the star rating too. I think client that not leave feedback will not be count.

Ace Contributor
Sadak N Member Since: Jan 30, 2010
28 of 119

@Duy T wrote:

I'm not sure about it. Some of my clients didn't leave feedback AT ALL but I can see it doesn't really effect my score. It doesn't change the star rating too. I think client that not leave feedback will not be count.

It does not affect your rating for sure but affects your customer satisfaction rate. There is a difference. I have been told that when I asked odesk as they have sent me an email because may clients satisfaction is below average while my rating is 4,84.

Ace Contributor
Sara P Member Since: Jul 22, 2010
29 of 119

I see that, among other benefits, top rated freelancers might receive "exclusive job invites from in-house recruiters".

Should I set my profile as "public" to have the chance to get some of these "exclusive invites"?

My oDesk profile is currently invisible to avoid invitations by spammers.

Souissi H Member Since: Apr 5, 2011
30 of 119

Can we get an answer. My profile is invisible too.

Should we set we our profiles as "public"?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS