Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated freelancer program - now live

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
31 of 119

@Souissi H wrote:

Can we get an answer. My profile is invisible too.

Should we set we our profiles as "public"?

If your profile is totally invisible you are not going to get invites most likely from oDesk. I know you won't get them if you are private with regular clients. Generally putting your account private means you are not available.

The only time someone can see your profile if you are private is if you apply for a job. 

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
32 of 119

Hi Sara and Souissi,

You do not have to have your profile set to Public in order to have Top Rated badge. Clients will be able to see the badge when you apply for their jobs postings. Make sure though that your availability status is updated.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Ace Contributor
Sara P Member Since: Jul 22, 2010
33 of 119

@Valeria K wrote:

Hi Sara and Souissi,

You do not have to have your profile set to Public in order to have Top Rated badge. Clients will be able to see the badge when you apply for their jobs postings. Make sure though that your availability status is updated.

Hi Valeria!

I wasn't thinking about the badge... We received an email where it's said that top rated freelancers will have access to some new benefits, such as:

- A Top Rated badge on the oDesk profile
- Exclusive job invites from oDesk in-house recruiters
- Personalized recommendations to strengthen the oDesk profile
- Premium support, including phone and chat

Since I set my profile as "private" to avoid massive spam from agencies and so-called recruiters offering me jobs that by no means match my skills (my profile clearly shows that I'm a translator, but still I happen to get offers for developers, or web designers!), I was wondering if I should change back my status to "public" so to have the chance to be contacted by oDesk in-house recruiters.

I'm always interested in new professional opportunities, it's just that I don't want to be bothered by all the spam invites I usually get.

Ace Contributor
Oleksandr I Member Since: May 17, 2015
34 of 119

does that mean this badge not shows up when  client just browse my profile lets say in up-work search?

because here what i see when browsing my profile as public user (file atteached) no badge there

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
35 of 119

Hi Oleksandr,

Thank you for your question. Your screenshots show the way your profile is displayed to a visitor (a person who is not logged into Upwork). It is a limited view and in order to see your full profile with the Top Rated badge, Job Success score and full work history a user will need to log in.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
36 of 119

@Valeria K wrote:
It is a limited view and in order to see your full profile with the Top Rated badge, Job Success score and full work history a user will need to log in.

Wouldn't it make sense to actually show the job satisfaction rating? It seems to me that if prospective clients see that other people were happy with the freelancer's performance, they may be more likely to sign in and check the site out in more detail.

Alex W Member Since: Mar 27, 2008
37 of 119

I'm not quite optimistic that Top rated program would bring benefits. 

But for sure can see enforcing more requirements then benifits.

After reading Job Success Score text, I wish to beleave that math behind is better then TIPS  like

TIP: Don’t take on contracts you can’t complete

TIP.However, it’s important to do your best on each contract and try to satisfy your client.

Seem like God perfected Contractors and Angel Clients holywood xxx movie. The difference is that if you not satisfy the scam client, you are Doomed and scam client can just open fresh account with other CC.

By all means benifits would be decreasing oDesk tax percentige from 10% to 8% to 5% which would bring more jobs. I hope to see effect of secrtive "in-house" clients as I'm sure that badge would bring just more spam clients same as client search and multi invite system is doing. And If you not reply to all those spams you aren't satisfing Availablity "Benifit" or was requirenment and auto ur aren't Top rated.  Smiley Very Happy

Ace Contributor
Dejan H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
38 of 119

I'm really proud of the fact that despite all of your negative changes, I still manage to find work on a daily basis. And even though I'm not receiving interview, I have just a 76% job success, I'm rarely a good fit and I'm not a top rated freelancer, it seems that clients appreciate my hard work. 

When you successfully complete 174 jobs with the rating of 4.97, and someone tells you that you have a 76% job success, you have to question the quality of your system. I’m just glad that clients are not robots and that they can see the quality that oDesk will never see.

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
39 of 119

Dejan,

I just went to look at your profile and I saw something rather strange: a number of hourly jobs that listed 0 hours worked, but they were all clearly paid for 2+ hours of work.  I don't know what's going on there, but oDesk really should fix whatever bug is making that stat look bad for you.

Ace Contributor
Sadak N Member Since: Jan 30, 2010
40 of 119

@Darrin O wrote:

Dejan,

I just went to look at your profile and I saw something rather strange: a number of hourly jobs that listed 0 hours worked, but they were all clearly paid for 2+ hours of work.  I don't know what's going on there, but oDesk really should fix whatever bug is making that stat look bad for you.

I think this is not a bug. Some clients after hiring uou on an hourly job may may pay you as a BONUS and thus it shows  0 hours with the amount paid.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS