Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Rated freelancer program - now live

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
51 of 119

Sara,

If you are referring to if you have your job set to Private I can't help, but I do know if I set mine for only for odesk to be viewed I don't get all the garbage and I did have a oDesk recruiter contact me awhile back on a job. I don't work jobs that re new clients on oDesk that aren't verified and what he had sent me was a newbie. It was no fault of the Recruiter or the new client. I just don't work new clients. I only have a few hours available and prefer to work with someone I can read information on them.

Someone else will have to answer your question though.

Taranga G Member Since: Apr 6, 2015
52 of 119

Thank you very much for information. I am very happy with this as top rated member. I hope I will do my work in my best for you and my clients in the future. Wish you all the best.

Corey F Member Since: Feb 2, 2015
53 of 119

Although I do approciate oDesk's recent efforts to provide further functions that highlight it's oDesker's, one unfortunate aspect is the new function's inability to judge job success from a client simply not leaving feedback. 

One example I'd noticed last night was a young man with a 98% "Top Rated" oDesk listing and a wopping 8 hours under his belt.

If I get 5/5 on my only 2 oDesk jobs, do I diserve to be listed as a top rated oDesk member? Does my experience reflect a top rating? 

CYDNI O Member Since: Mar 17, 2015
54 of 119

This is a terrific program, and it makes me proud to have the Top Rated Freelancer badge on my profile. I have a suggestion, however:

Since I began on oDesk a couple of years ago, I have taken mostly "flat rate" work. I have worked steadily, consistently provided clients with quality work product, and have had a great working relationship with all of them. Most of my contracts have been ongoing, and several have been OES projects, and even those were paid on a "flat rate" basis.

Unfortunately, directly beneath my 5 star rating it says "5 hours worked."  Wow - that looks really bad! Perpaps oDesk could make a change to how this is shown. Having a 100% job success rate really isn't such a big deal when someone thinks you have only worked 5 hours.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
55 of 119

Hi Cydni,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about the Top Rated program and suggestion. There is nothing wrong with focusing mostly on fixed-price price projects. And although they cannot be counted in the total number of hours worked on oDesk, clients can still see the information about the total number of jobs you completed.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Arslan A Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
56 of 119

I'm happy that i earned Top Rated Badge on my profile. I'll be working hard to do best for my clients and odesk in the future. Thank you Odesk!

Yuriy P Member Since: May 29, 2013
57 of 119

+1 for the photo concerns.

My photo was rejected for subjective reasons (it was “unprofessional”) hence I don't intend to upload any other one. There are many people with equally “unprofessional” photos I had flagged, in half of the cases nothing happened and their photos remained.

I was flagging spammer clients and clients that wanted to do unfair things regularly to make this community better — to no avail. After one heated discussion an oDesk staff member have threatened to suspend me, because my language wasn't “professional”. So they lost one person who cared.

After all if they don't want to top-rate me with my skills and experience (100% job success — whatever that is), 56 jobs, 113 hours, 4.89 rating (It might have been 5.00 if not for one strange client who gave bad rating to me and to other contractor for no reason, another thing that it's so easy to spoil good rating) — it's oDesk's clients' problem, that they won't receive my top-rated (without badge) servicesSmiley Happy

Ranjit S Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
58 of 119

Thanks oDesk, bcoz i want Live Chat and Now it's Available 

Ivana G Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
59 of 119

What a great idea! I'd love some advice on how to achieve the requirements I don't have yet. Thanks!

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
60 of 119

Hi Ivana,

The requirements for Top Rated include: Job Success Score of 90% or more, 12-month earnings more than $1000, complete profile with availability, and an account in good standing. You can check that against the information you see on My Stats page and see the areas where you need to improve.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS