cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two new features for freelancer Plus memberships

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
21 of 46

Margarete and others, 

A small update. The issue with earnings showing on the "View my profile as others see it" page has been fixed.

Let us know if you have any questions.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
22 of 46

@Vilen M wrote:

Valeria do you really think all around are aliens
"our research shows that freelancers with public earnings earn more than those with private earnings"
how did you do research if upwork/odesk never had this feature? with whom do you compare it ? 0 users who hide earnings and milion who don't? of course in that case you right but don't you find it a "bit" strange?
[…]

Vilen, I find it a bit rude to suggest that Valeria is saying something that it's not based on research. I can't provide the link to the study, but I guarantee you that it's available on the Internet if you know how to look for it. I'll just say that this specific research was based on experimentally varying employers’ access to applicants’ past wage rates, and involved 2948 clients that were assigned to the control group and 2975 clients that were assigned to the treatment group.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
23 of 46

Two greatly needed and requested features... and we're forced to pay for them. I am so, so disappointed with this site.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
24 of 46

I am glad to see the new features, but sad to see that Upwork wants freelancers to upgrade to be able to use these features. I think it is wrong to expect freelancers to pay to have the right to privacy on their profile.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
25 of 46

How would you suggest Upwork recover the cost of these many many things that **Edited for Community Guidelines** keep asking for?

Programmers cost money. Why do you expect Upwork to do it for free?

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
26 of 46

heyyyy I got my vanity URL. It is awesome and cool.

Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
27 of 46

@Jean S wrote:

How would you suggest Upwork recover the cost of these many many things that **Edited for Community Guidelines** keep asking for?

Programmers cost money. Why do you expect Upwork to do it for free?

With the 10% they take from the freelancers to pay  for everything else we don't get. 

Leo Jester G Member Since: May 6, 2015
28 of 46

Would the custom profile url still be usable even after downgrading from Freelancer Plus membership?

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
29 of 46

Hi Leo Jester,

Thank you for your question. If the freelancer downgrades back to Basic Plan, they will go back to their randomized URL. Their custom URL will automatically redirect to their randomized URL for the time being.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Leo Jester G Member Since: May 6, 2015
30 of 46

So basically, the custom URL would continue to function after a downgrade to the basic plan (and not lead to error 404).

A one-time $10 payment is worth having a custom profile url as long as the link would remain actively redirecting to our randomized url profile after the downgrade.