Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two new features for freelancer Plus memberships

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
31 of 46

Leo,

Only for a period of time, the URL will eventually result in a "User not found" error.  

-Lena

Untitled
Ace Contributor
Krisztina M Member Since: Jul 8, 2015
32 of 46

Great. When are you going to fix your **Edited for Community Guidelines** UI and implement Workrooms? Your site is a nightmare to work on as a Freelancer juggling 3-4 projects.   I have been developing user interfaces since 1994 and I have serious doubts that anyone on your UI team has ever actually used the site as a Freelancer.

Community Guru
Ramesh K Member Since: Oct 25, 2015
33 of 46

Finally seen the profile URLs for freelancers are fixed now it seems.

There are no random symbols, texts and numbers now.

Same like Elance now I can able to see the name in the profile URL link.

But for the agencies, still they are showing those text,number,symbol mix-up.

Hope they will fix them too soon.

Thanks Upwork.

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
34 of 46

Hi Ramesh and Vivek,

To clarify, creating customized URLs is available for freelancers' and team members' profiles, not for Agency profile pages. You can find this information in this Help article.

Vivek K Member Since: May 5, 2015
35 of 46

In the notfication email, its mentioned that these feature available for Agency Plus account as well. 

But I'm not able to personlize mine agnecy url. Any idea?

--------------------------------

For $10/month for Freelancer Plus or $20/month for Agency Plus, you can access:

• Personal URLs: Customize your profile URL to better share and promote your brand.
  • Private earnings: Choose to hide your earnings on your profile. (Not recommended: our research indicates that freelancers with private earnings earn less than those with public earnings, but we understand that some find this feature critical).
  • Extra Connects: Now get additional Connects, with the ability to buy more.
  • Competitive pricing: Get info on proposal prices others are submitting.
  • Rollover privileges: Roll over unused Connects each month.

Employee
Cary L Employee Member Since: Jan 11, 2016
36 of 46

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. You are able to customize the URL for your Exclusive Agency Members but you will not be able to customize the URL for your Agency Page.

I hope this gives you more clarity.

Best,
Cary

Ace Contributor
Syed Raza A Member Since: Jun 11, 2009
37 of 46

Cool! this is something nice featured

Sebastian L Member Since: May 27, 2015
38 of 46

Customized profile URLs is something that is standard for free with all other freelancing platforms that I know. I was wondering why UpWork had those crappy URLs, considering oDesk and elance had customized URLs, without an extra charge.

It's really silly to charge for it. That's all I care about the plus membership at the moment. I don't need extra connects or the other stuff. Having to pay $10 a month for it is ridiculous, considering that even a domain name costs that amount for an entire year.

I think for all freelancers to be able to promote their profile with custom URLs will encourage them to post their URL in other places, effectively bringing more clients to UpWork. Free custom URLs would mean more exposure (free advertising) for UpWork.

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
39 of 46

This is a good news/bad news situation. I've always wanted to be able to hide money earned, and shortening profile url is also desirable because Upwork makes it so hard for me to get to my own profile page, but it's a huge disappointment that only Plus members get these enhancements that should have been standard features in the first place. Why should I pay for connects when I never use up the 60 free connects? I hope Upwork would at least consider offering just the 2 new features for a smaller monthly fee, like $5. (If the $5 also included being able to see low, average, and high bids, that would be nice but it's the option to hide earnings I really want.)

40 of 46

or you can use some 3rd party FREE url customizer like this one:

http://bit.do/

here is my custom url

http://bit.do/ijerkov

and another:

http://bit.do/ivoj

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS