Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreasonable Feedback–Respond Don’t Hide

Highlighted
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
11 of 23
Who would want to work for/hire someone who gives abusive feedback? Anyone who does that is digging their own grave.
Highlighted
Goldy K Member Since: Dec 27, 2012
12 of 23
After this move many freelancers profile will ruin and they will leave oDesk permanently for sure. Because more friendly freelancer websites are coming soon and many are already there.
Highlighted
Jean B Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
13 of 23

You are right to this. I am in fact a victim of a bad rating Smiley Sad Sigh.

Highlighted
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
14 of 23
I think this is a good move. There are two sides to every story and this will be a much better guide to what actually happened than the current system. Should stop a lot of feedback blackmail too.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
15 of 23
yep, they finally gave in to this at least. i hope it turns out better than all the other "bright ideas" they come up with. i haven't seen the mod around lately, but you seem to dropping by more often now, Darren. coincidence? Smiley Tongue
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
Highlighted
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
16 of 23
Well not being interfered with makes me more happy to post. Maybe I'm getting politer with age, but that seems unlikely.
Highlighted
Diane L Member Since: Jul 18, 2013
17 of 23
I just responded to one client an hour ago about receiving a very poor remarks from him. While it's true that there indeed were issues on my end last month, I was very sincere when I apologized as soon as I learned about the issue and readily returned the upfront payment he sent to me. But when we agreed that we will proceed with the project and start anew, I thought we have moved on from this issue. However, he wanted me to finish a 20-page lit review in 2 days which was not really possible. I had a one day delay when I provided him the complete paper. If deadline was still the issue, I humbly accept that and sincerely apologize, but I cannot seem to fathom why he did not communicate to me any issues he had with the quality of my work, and and he told me it looks okay. In fact, I always send him messages asking if feedback is ready or if he needs any changes or help, but it took him almost 3 weeks to respond and when he did he proceeded immediately to ending contract and leaving me a poor remark which really dragged my overall rating. As I am not really comfortable leaving bad remarks to people in public, I am but frustrated. Do I need to refund his payment to remove the feedback? I am afraid it will affect my future applications. And also, why does my response to his feedback not visible on my profile or in his profile? Please reply.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Heather H Member Since: May 9, 2011
18 of 23
I am also really disturbed that NO feedback comments show on any client profile. I have left some recent comments on a couple of clients that could save some contractors a whole lot of headache-not to mention being scammed, but the comments dont show. I am one of those that use the star rating properly, so if a client responded quickly and gave clear instuctions, those would get the right stars, even if the rest of the star panels are rated at zero, this is where comments are important-if they dont show, then other contractors have no idea what to expect and just assume that there was a bad deal, instead of less than honest behavior.
Highlighted
Diane L Member Since: Jul 18, 2013
19 of 23
And why does oDesk hide freelancer's feedback in client's profile? Only star ratings are visible, but not the freelancer's comment. Where is fairness there?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
20 of 23
I put in a ticket and was told it was a bug. This has been a "bug" for months now. When are you going to fix it? Can we get an estimated time when this will be fixed?
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS