🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upcoming Changes allow Freelancers to Edit Mi...
Page options

Upcoming Changes allow Freelancers to Edit Milestones

lenaellis
Community Member

We are thrilled to share that in June freelancers will have the ability to propose new milestones and propose changes to existing unfunded milestones on active contracts. This has been a longstanding request, we know many of you have been asking for the ability to add, delete and reorder milestones for a long time now.

With this new change freelancers will be able to:

• Add new milestones
  • Change the amount on existing upcoming milestones that are not funded
  • Change the due date on existing upcoming milestones that are not funded
  • Reorder existing upcoming milestones
  • Delete existing upcoming milestones

This new change to milestones gives freelancers and clients the ability to plan out their projects better and streamline communication around milestones.

Freelancers will see a new “Add/Edit Milestones” button in the contract room of their existing fixed-price contracts. Once a milestone change request is submitted to a client, clients can then approve or deny requests.

Add edit milestones.png

As a best practice, we recommend you discuss any additions or changes to milestones with your client before adding or editing a milestone. Communication is important.

We hope this improves your experience and as always let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

31 Comments
allergywriter
Community Member

I just read the email about allowing freelancers to propose changes to milestones and adding milestones.

Thanks Upwork, this is a functionality that has been lacking for way too long.

Glad to see it's coming in June

2f5ff562
Community Member

I was going to ask this here to the gurus! if you guys think is a good thing, i personally think it is so! that´s good news!.

allergywriter
Community Member

I don't know about others...but it will smooth the workflow for me.

elitegra
Community Member

Just got the email too, finally! Those us of who came from Elance missed this. 

From time to time they release some of the Elance features 🙂 

allergywriter
Community Member

it's like Elance flashbacks!

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Yes, I'm very happy with this change as well - it'll make life easier for both freelancers and clients. 

wendy_writes
Community Member

I just got the following message from U:

"We're excited to announce that starting in June, freelancers will be able to propose new milestones if there's additional work to be done, or suggest edits to existing upcoming milestones on all active fixed–price contracts.

Freelancers will see a new "Add/Edit Milestones" button in the contract room of their existing fixed–price contracts. Clients can approve or deny requests, so as a best practice, discuss any additions or changes to milestones with your client before adding or editing a milestone."

This is something FLer have been requesting since U. came into existence and I'm pleased to see it is being implemented ... after considerable beta testing I hope.

Thanks, U

petra_r
Community Member

I like... lots!

I have used the "suggest contract" function a few times successfully now, which was requested by the same people.

At the time I didn't quite see the value, but I did come around to the idea.

Thanks Upwork, let's hope it works 😉

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Cheryl and others,

Thank you all so much for sharing your thoughts about this upcoming change. I know a lot of you have suggested improvements to milestones in the past so I'm happy this is happening.

Since Lena posted more information about this change as well as some screenshots in this announcement, I'm moving your posts here to keep everything in one place.

michelle-trevino
Community Member

This is GREAT news! Thank you.