🐈
» Support » Product Release Notes » Upcoming Changes allow Freelancers to Edit Mi...
Page options

Upcoming Changes allow Freelancers to Edit Milestones

lenaellis
Community Member

We are thrilled to share that in June freelancers will have the ability to propose new milestones and propose changes to existing unfunded milestones on active contracts. This has been a longstanding request, we know many of you have been asking for the ability to add, delete and reorder milestones for a long time now.

With this new change freelancers will be able to:

• Add new milestones
  • Change the amount on existing upcoming milestones that are not funded
  • Change the due date on existing upcoming milestones that are not funded
  • Reorder existing upcoming milestones
  • Delete existing upcoming milestones

This new change to milestones gives freelancers and clients the ability to plan out their projects better and streamline communication around milestones.

Freelancers will see a new “Add/Edit Milestones” button in the contract room of their existing fixed-price contracts. Once a milestone change request is submitted to a client, clients can then approve or deny requests.

Add edit milestones.png

As a best practice, we recommend you discuss any additions or changes to milestones with your client before adding or editing a milestone. Communication is important.

We hope this improves your experience and as always let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

31 Comments
2f5ff562
Community Member

Lena E wrote:

Add edit milestones.png

WOW that´s a big budget, i want clients like that!

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I need to make a change to a milestone because the client and I added more work and renegotiated the amount due. I thought that the system had changed to enable freelancers to do this, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone shed some light on this? (Obviously I could ask my client to do it from her side, but it would be nice if I could take care of it myself.)

BojanS
Community Manager

Hi Christine,

Please know that this feature is coming soon but isn't yet available. Thank you for your patience.

versailles
Community Member

That's what I keep saying to people who complain. With Upwork, patience almost always wins. If there is a feature that is absolutely essential and if you ask for it, they will implement it. Maybe not during your lifetime. But chances are that your kids will see it happen.

Upwork rocks. Geologically.

mwiggenhorn
Community Member

I am yet to receive the email announcement.  Yes, I checked my spam folder.  Bless their hearts...

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Mary,

Could you please fill this form so we could check and make sure you aren't opted out of receiving these emails?

wendy_writes
Community Member

What is / where do we find our "user ID"? 

There isn't anything on our profiles that even vaguely appear to be an ID #

AveryO
Community Manager

Hi Wendy, 

You should be able to locate your username or user ID on this section of your Upwork account:

UID.png

damndogdesigns
Community Member

Thank you!!!!  This is very needed with the type of work that I do, which evolves and morphs as the project is worked upon.  It's early June but when will this be up and running?

Thanks again,

Matt

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

I'm glad you are excited about this upcoming feature, Matthew! We are very excited about it too.

We don't have an exact date yet, but we'll certainly update the Community once it goes live.