Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to Connects

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Funke L Member Since: Mar 20, 2017
1311 of 1,321

Hello Upwork Team,

I have every reason to believe that this new Connect buying rule is messing the system up.

I upgraded to the Freelancer Plus Plan yesterday and was given the 70 Connects as promised.

I have already applied for a number of jobs but have not received any replies/responses. Majority of these jobs I applied for are still open with some showing one person interviewing.

Now, this is where my frustration started;

In one of the jobs, I am the highest bidder of $100 and the lowest being $50 (which was actually the client's proposed rate). After six hours, I observed both the lowest and highest bid being $50. I do not understand this. I have not withdrawn my bid either.

Secondly, just 30 minutes ago, I applied for another job. As at the time I am posting this concern, the lowest - average - highest bidindicator has not been displayed. At least once I have submitted my bid, i expect to see that shown.

What is wrong? Could it be that the Upwork system is still under development as a result of the recent changes, with regards to Connect Buying???

Prior to migrating to Freelancer Plus yesterday, anytime I apply for a job, out of 5 applications, I am at least interviewed for 2.

I am tempted to believe a concern someone posted about this ealier that he feels there is a bug in the system that is preventing applications of Freelancer Plus members from reaching clients. This is really frustrating. Because, under normal circumstances, the jobs in questions are jobs I could have been interviewed for.

I have been monitoring about 5 of the applications since morning and the situation with the lower-average-higher bid has been same.

Out of 70 connects, I have 50 left. 

And you know, I paid for it. They are not free...

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
1312 of 1,321

Funke L wrote:

At least once I have submitted my bid, i expect to see that shown.

In general, high, low and average bids show after at least three have applied to a job posting.

Your being on Plus is not to blame for your not receiving a response from clients.

Those high low and average figures are known to act up occasionally.

They tend to behave themselves after a while. Otherwise, I believe the Upwork team will be monitoring it to fix it.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
1313 of 1,321

Please accept the fact that clients won't respond every day.

That they responded yesterday doesn't mean they will today.

As you can expect, this thread will soon be merged with the REAL connects thread. Anything that mentions "connects" and "policy" is quickly thrown in there.:Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
1314 of 1,321

Funke L wrote:

In one of the jobs, I am the highest bidder of $100 and the lowest being $50 (which was actually the client's proposed rate). After six hours, I observed both the lowest and highest bid being $50. I do not understand this. I have not withdrawn my bid either.

The client archived (or declined)  your proposal, so it no longer counts in the bid range, which only includes the proposals that are still in the running.

Highlighted
Adebayo A Member Since: Jun 14, 2019
1315 of 1,321

Hi All,

My connects was supposed to be renewed on 11/06. However, I did not receive any connect while some others receive.

Thanks

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Olga K Member Since: Oct 14, 2017
1316 of 1,321

Hi Adebayo! 

As I know now we'll have to buy connects for $ 0.15 for one. You can read here https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Use-Connects?flash_digest=018c6d2be56b0f00db2...

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Tim B Member Since: Jan 29, 2019
1317 of 1,321

Welcome to the new connects structure!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Abrar A Member Since: Jan 9, 2019
1318 of 1,321

Hi, I want to inform you that, Upwork change their connects policy. Now, You have to buy conects for applying on job.If you want to know more about upwork new connects policy please go to below link

https://www.upwork.com/i/connects/

Thanx

Highlighted
Ahmed H Member Since: Feb 3, 2019
1319 of 1,321

Hello,

I find it very annoying that clients post jobs and not hire anyone at all at the end. Do they get penalised for such issue? Why don't we get back our connects if it happens that they don't hire any of the freelancers proposed?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
1320 of 1,321

Ahmed H wrote:

Hello,

I find it very annoying that clients post jobs and not hire anyone at all at the end.

I'm sure Upwork doesn't love that, either, since they don't make any money when that happens. But, clients post jobs on multiple sites. Some clients change their minds. Some give up and leave Upwork because they're flooded with junk proposals.

Do they get penalised for such issue?

Of course not. What client would ever post a job here if they knew they'd be forced to hire someone whether they found a good option here or not? 

Why don't we get back our connects if it happens that they don't hire any of the freelancers proposed?

Because the literal last thing in the world Upwork wants is for you to have more connects. Freelancers having too many connects is a large part of the reason that many clients give up and leave without hiring after they see dozens of garbage proposals from unqualified freelancers.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS