cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Site Maintenance 11/30 **

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
11 of 20

Jennifer,

Emails will be sent out about the changes. The team is currently working on it.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Cathy B Member Since: Nov 30, 2017
12 of 20

Hello,
Can you tell me if there has been site maintenance today, please - 30th November 2017.

My freelancer said it was down but I got no message, so I just wanted to check.

Many thanks

Community Guru
Joachim M Member Since: Mar 23, 2015
13 of 20

@Cathy B wrote:

Hello,
Can you tell me if there has been site maintenance today, please - 30th November 2017.

My freelancer said it was down but I got no message, so I just wanted to check.

Many thanks

Cathy,

I have no idea whether it was planned but I can confirm that Upwork was not accessible for several hours this morning (GMT +1). Happened a couple of times lately.

14 of 20

Cathy,

This thread is about site maintenance on November 30, 2016.

We had a planned maintenance yesterday November 29, 2017 but it has already been completed.

Please, check out this page for more information about scheduled downtime and known site issues.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Jess C Member Since: Feb 18, 2015
15 of 20

@Valeria K wrote:

Cathy,

This thread is about site maintenance on November 30, 2016.

We had a planned maintenance yesterday November 29, 2017 but it has already been completed.

Please, check out this page for more information about scheduled downtime and known site issues.

Valeria, the history on the Status page does not show yesterday's site maintenance. Is there a more useful log that has real information on it somewhere? If you'd read Cathy's post more carefully, you'd see that she's trying to verify what her freelancer told her, and that page does not confirm when or if downtime due to maintenance actually happened.

16 of 20

Jess,

Maintenance was scheduled to run on Wednesday November 29 at 8pm Pacific for 4 hours. It was extended a bit longer and that's reflected on the status page. We'll follow up with the team to make sure a message is posted on our status page whenever we have a scheduled planned downtime in the future so that we have a more comprehensive log.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
17 of 20

How about sending an email to clients when you plan downtime?  That would be FAR more useful, considering most clients have little time to waste on being directed to a status page after the fact.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
18 of 20

@Kathryn B wrote:

How about sending an email to clients when you plan downtime?  That would be FAR more useful, considering most clients have little time to waste on being directed to a status page after the fact.

Clients (and freelancers, and indeed anyone with an email address) can already subscribe to status alerts on the status page Valeria previously linked - I have done so. I think clients would be just as annoyed with unsolicited frequent emails about downtime as they would be about having to check a status page.

Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
19 of 20

Fair enough, however, while seasoned clients know to sign up (or not to if they prefer) for the notifications, there is a daily influx of "new client" postings and those folks are likely not going to know about it.  I'd love to believe UW takes the time to send them a "new client" email with such things listed, but my faith is nowhere near that strong anymore.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
20 of 20

Yeah I definitely agree that it could be more obvious that this is an option.