Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on Good Fit badges

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
11 of 36

Thanks Preston, and you're right. We're going to continue working on ways to help freelancers better locate jobs that are well suited for their skills. 

mlceron
Ace Contributor
Maria C Member Since: Feb 3, 2015
12 of 36

Thank you oDesk for listening! As a newbie here I was getting the impression that you didn't but you have just proven me wrong. I know you guys are making great efforts to improve the site, and I liked Good Fit as a concept, but the implementation was flawed.

Sadan, I think Ian is being a little sarcastic here. Otherwise I have no explanation for his overly enthusiastic attitude toward this indicator that lacks transparency to say the least.

johntatlock
Community Leader
John T Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
13 of 36

I think there have been two schools of objection to the oDesk attempts at ranking systems.

The first is that they should just butt out and no do it at all.

The second is that they should not roll out ranking features til they're rock solid. But if they are rock solid, then great.

I'm in the latter camp, myself, but wherever you stand, it's worth noting that the near-universal objections of the last couple of weeks are not uiversal in type.

A "Good Fit" that actually worked would be great. And a "Top Ranked" that properly ranked the best freelancers would be great. It just seems these systems aren't ready for prime time yet.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
14 of 36
One thing I noticed was that some contractors said that the jobs they were shown as a Good Fit actually WERE well-suited to their skills, but they objected to the indicated experience level/pay level.

Ideally, a contractor would be able to set a user preference to indicate whether they want to be shown a Good Fit badge even if the job is outside of their preferred pay range.
garnorm
Community Guru
15 of 36

Good thought Preston, thanks.

tanmay92
Tanmay M Member Since: Feb 5, 2015
16 of 36

Hi Garnor,

Hope you are doing good. Now a days I see these Good fit badges again coming into picture. It comes on some jobs posted and generally apears for my profile for the jobs for which I am too over qualified.

Just a doubt, if you clear the air that would be great.

Regards

Tan

garnorm
Community Guru
17 of 36

Hi Tan,

You shouldn't be seeing the Good Fit badge on any jobs at this point. I'll follow up with our team here to ensure this has been removed. 

chadworth
Community Leader
Chad R Member Since: Mar 19, 2015
18 of 36

So I just saw a good fit badge this morning.

I wonder if this is related to an error in the calculation of my client happiness score.  The error has been acknowledged by oDesk tech support, but they don't seem to be in too much of a hurry to fix it.

It's been over 2 weeks now.

droleary
Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
19 of 36

LOL.  I also just saw my first Good Fit badge ever.  For a garbage job, no less.

Hint to oDesk:  A "client" that posts 37 jobs without hiring anyone is not a Good Fit for either you or me.  You should have banned them long ago instead to allowing them to waste the time of freelancers here.

garnorm
Community Guru
20 of 36

Thanks Darrin and Chad. The Good Fit badge shouldn't be showing. I'll follow up on this. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS